“Good day out”

The Challenge
Ranked #2 of 19 Fun & Games in Queenstown
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Break One Clay Target Sports offers a unique and exciting adventure like no other in Queenstown! Come and share our passion for Clay Target shooting and learn how to become a 'Top Gun' in our exclusive range. Experience the thrill of shooting Clay Targets amidst the stunning landscape in a secret valley on Queenstown Hill with Break One Clay Target Sports. Our professional, private and picturesque range, and our experienced instructors will guarantee you a unique and exciting adventure! Offering you courtesy transport, full instruction and coaching, and a variety of targets, your experience - either as a first time shooter or as a 'Top Gun', will leave you enthralled with Clay Target Shooting. No experience is required to have fun in our safe shooting range. We personally guarantee you will hit a target and have fun doing it!
Reviewed September 22, 2012

We had a hotel pick-up. We had a small group, me and my sister and another older couple had been picked up prior to us. Our guide gave us lots of tourist info on the drive out. He was really friendly and even drove a bit out of his way to show us some nice views.
During the clay shooting he set up a bit of a competition (which I won by the way) if you listen to his advice it is actually pretty easy. I was a bit intimidated holding a gun, but the whole thing was perfectly safe. He stayed with me most of the time to help me shoot, this suited me just fine, however the other couple had some experience so he gave them a little more independence. There was a bit of waiting around in a group of 4 so I dont know how it would go in a larger group. Maybe it would be better if you could do 2 people at a time?
Overall it was a good experience, it was the only thing I did in queens town that I hadn't done before so I enjoyed it.

Reviewed September 17, 2012

Had a great morning with break one clay target shooting, they had some of the best service I've found, kept in contact when the weather looked like causing issues and were nice enough to text through details when I couldn't find a pen to write it down. Picked us up and dropped us off in queenstown and just had a general up beat attitude. Highly recommend them

1  Thank Sean D
Reviewed September 12, 2012 via mobile

This is the best activity we have done in queenstown !! It was soooo much fun ! We were slightly nervous about the kick back from the gun but we had nothing to worry about ! So anybody worried don't be !! We are only tiny ladies but didn't hurt nor bother us ! And left with a score of 23/28 !!! Thank Laura and Pyah :)

Reviewed September 10, 2012

Everything about the day was 100%.
We are an Australian family, from Newcastle that has come to Queenstown many times, and done and seen a lot of what Queenstown has to offer.We firmly believe that 'Break one Clay target shooting' deserves it's number one spot on trip advisor.
We had high hopes based on the reviews givien and weren't dissapointed.
Blake the business owner made sure that our expectations were exceeded in all areas.
The activity was heaps of fun, extremely well instructed, in a beautiful location, well organised and my family and I will be back again.
If anyone gives this activity a bad review it's either a) a suspicious review, or b) someone who doesn't appeciate an extremley fun day out, in a beautiful location, run by an extremley hospitable host.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

We did the clay shooting down Skippers Gorge & had a great time. Very well run, good training & great guys who took it. Highly recommend.

1  Thank NickCrofts