“Great little outing”

The Bead Shop
Ranked #3 of 31 Shopping in Queenstown
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: We run our beautiful bead business from an old cottage on the outskirts of town, 2 minutes from the centre. You can't miss us - we have a colorful frontage, with large multi-colored beads hanging outside. Look for our OPEN flag and the often photographed Paua Koru on the wall out front! See you soon, for lots of fun, creativity and gifts!! Come and make your own personalized gift or simply find something beautiful that we have made.
Perth, Australia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great little outing”
Reviewed September 12, 2012

I took Miss 6 here for an activity on her birthday while we were away. She had a great time making a bracelet with lots of beads to choose from at a low cost.

Visited September 2012
Beadlee, Owner at The Bead Shop, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Hi Kylie, thank you for your comment.. happy to hear you enjoyed yourselves!

Midlothian, Virginia
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Earrings plus”
Reviewed September 9, 2012

I love to get jewelry from the different vacation places we visit and I found great earrings at the Bead Shop. The choices for jewelry is unique and the prices are reasonable.

Visited August 2012
Beadlee, Owner at The Bead Shop, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to comment... how many people lose one of their favourite earrings.. so annoying :( We try hard to have a wide range of design and price, all handmade and unique so hopefully should suit everyones pocket!!
“The perfect unwind...”
Reviewed August 29, 2012

I have been a local in Queenstown for 5 years and I love The Bead Shop!
It is an awesome place to hang out with friends or on your own, with their amazing staff that can help you with ideas to get creative and design something unique and beautiful for yourself or others.
The owner is lovely and she is always travelling around the world finding new beads to add to her collection in the shop to give everyone an extensive variety to choose from!
Everyone that comes to Queenstown should experience what The Bead Shop has to offer! :)

Visited August 2012
San Francisco, California
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Take a pause”
Reviewed July 23, 2012

Queenstown, New Zealand is a mecca of activity that can quickly eat up both time and money as you try to fly down the mountain strapped to a kite, shoot down a river at break neck speeds, or try to hit a majority of the the local watering holes to sample the regional wine. Yet there is a place where you can take pause, reflect on the beauty that New Zealand is blessed to offer, the people that match the country, and all the adventures you have had thus far.
I ran across The Bead Shop on my quest to spend some of my hard earned money, what I found though was a place to create, under helpful guidance from the shop owner, something that was my piece to remember this wonderful country with. Without realizing it, I had spent 3 hours there and it was the first time I had actually felt relaxed on my 'holiday'. This place is a must, do yourself a favor and take a pause.

Visited August 2011
Invercargill, New Zealand
“A really pleasant way to spend an afternoon!”
Reviewed June 30, 2012

I had so much fun designing and making my necklaces, choosing what I wanted with expert help when I asked for it from the laid-back, super-friendly staff. Nothing was a problem, the atmosphere was great - all up, very good value.

Visited November 2011