“Very helpful”
Review of Deco Backpackers

Deco Backpackers
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Queenstown
Deco Backpackers
Reviewed November 18, 2013

Very helpful people at Deco Backpakers. Accommodation was clean and tidy. Facilities good. Free WiFi. Able to book female only room & was able to leave my car there whilst I went tramping. Can recommend.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed October 10, 2013

It is clean,it has a big kitchen with everything you need,it has a cool Tv lounge, it is near to the city centre, it has free Wifi, the location is cool, people are friendly and relaxed, the rooms are big and clean and it has the nicest owner I've ever met. The only think which could need an improve is the Bathroom but it is not a big deal.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

I was looking for decent cheap accom in Queenstown and found it here. Well priced rooms, decent kitchen, kept clean and only a 5min walk to the center. I had a great time here with the people in the hostel and was happy to have spent several months here :)

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Marc N
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Had an absolute blinder of a time staying at Deco!
The staff are great especially Tony and Barney the bow wow :)
There's free wifi, free tea and coffee, a TV room which is full of bean bags!! and the common room is open until midnight.
I was quite surprised to read the bad reviews of this hostel as i had a great time staying there.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Perfect view in the garden over the whole town where you can read or lie down in the grass.
Clean showers and toilets... High speed internet for free. I would bring my own coffee though!
Based in the centre, so everything is close!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 24, 2013

I have stayed in this hostel and have returned as I have had the best experience.
I left my door open at all times as I felt this place was very safe and trustworthy. As for safety I left my laptop in the common area for 3 days and wasn't even touched, I have never known any hostel to have this level of safety in all my time traveling. This place was very homely and felt every person I met was very welcoming, especially the hostel workers (special mention to Tony and Barney) who couldn't do enough to help everyone that stayed here!
Yes there was a little noise before midnight, which didn't cause a problem, as lets face it you expect that at any hostel you stay in!
Free WIFI, constant usage of tea, coffee and herbs was definitely an absolute bonus to my stay here. Including a room full of bean bags where you can just chill.
I am returning again next year and will definitely recommend this hostel to absolutely everyone.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 24, 2013

I stayed at deco for about a week this year and can honestly say it is one of, if not the best hostel I have ever stayed in, people and management are very friendly and helpful and a special thank you to Tony and the deco dog Barney! thoroughly enjoyed my stay here and would recommend it to any of my friends in the future!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo