“So awesome, AMAZING VIEWS, great staff, great value rooms, best in Qtown!!!”
Review of Deco Backpackers

Deco Backpackers
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Queenstown
Deco Backpackers
Reviewed August 22, 2011

We stayed at Deco Backpackers for almost 3 weeks in Feb and it was fantastic. We stayed in a private double with shared bathroom and it was awesome. Rubbish taken out of your room daily, bathrooms and kitchens always clean, never a wait for the bathroom and the owners just lovely and a real laugh.
The hostel is always easy to sleep in at night not much noise at all but there is always something going on and people to meet so if your on your own and looking to meet some nice people to party with this is also the place.
Great Kitchen facilities and FREE INTERNET which is always a bonus! We will definitly stay here again! Thanks for a wonderful stay!

Reviewed July 5, 2011

Three Irish friends and I stayed in Deco's last Winter and loved every mintue of it! A home from home in one of the most beautiful places in the world :) Could have fun or relax, meet loads of people or enjoy your own space.

Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 20, 2011

Our room was very cold. When we asked reception about it they said the heating would come on, but it never did. We absolutely froze and had an uncomfortable night. If there was a problem with the heating they could have supplied extra blankets for free, but there was never any explanation as to what was happening with the heating.
The kitchen was never very clean, and we thought staff could have put a bit more effort into keeping an eye on things.
The bathroom as well was not overly great. I've stayed in cheaper hostels that had much better facilities.
Overall, it was a pretty average hostel, and we would not return but try somewhere else nxt time.

Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kinanna_ishtar
Reviewed May 29, 2011

The best thing about this hostel was its location. The garden has such a beautiful view over Queenstown; really nice. Kitchen was good and clean and the rooms were OK. Overall a really nice spot to stay in Queenstown!

Stayed: January 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 18, 2011

I've stayed at this backpackers everytime I stop by Queenstown, on and off for over a year now. The rooms and sheets are always clean, the kitchen is well-stocked with pots & pans, utensils and spices. Dorm rooms can be a little cramped but there is enough shelf space to put clothes and toiletries. I'm always happy with the double rooms. Showers have good pressure and there are hairdryers in the girls' bathroom. The free wif-fi is a definite plus considering how expensive internet can be in New Zealand. It freezes up sometimes, but always gets fixed right away. The most amazing part about this hostel is the backyard. It gives you a great view of Queenstown, the Remarkables and the lake. And the manager, Tony, is very sweet and helpful. It is a bit of a walk uphill from the centre of the town, especially with your pack on. The only downside is that sometimes the long-term guests at the hotel might get a bit rowdy at night.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 9, 2011

My spouse and I booked this online for my upcoming birthday and were absolutely appalled at the service and treatment we received on arrival.
We came in a day early as we decided we might stay another night, and when I went to ask the 'receptionist' about availability he was very rude and highly unprofessional. We are pretty laid back people, and we knew it was a backpacker but this guy was absolutely appalling. we got angry at me very quickly where he'd made a mistake with the names, and as much as I tried to help he ended up yelling at me... Totally unprofessional and horrible. Made me feel very uncomfortable and terrible staying there. He was very unhelpful so we decided to leave and stay somewhere else for the night. The next night we came back for our booked in stay and got the same treatment from the same guy. he was extremely rude, unapproachable, unhelpful and in your face. and I couldn't let anyone else know as there was no one there. The room was not at all like the one we booked online, it was damp, had one tiny window that led to a closed in veranda so very little light. was a double bunk bed not like the normal bunk bed we had requested in the pictures/booking etc and the walls were paper thin so you could hear every foot step and conversation. The lay out was crazy- it was and old art deco house with extensions everywhere and very little space with people camping in the only available space outside (walkways.) I am unaware of wether this staff member is the owner or just an employee but I hope if he is the owners are aware of his service as it was truly the worst part of the stay and we didn't get a chance to talk to anyone else. would would never recommend this place to anyone unless they want to be treated by garbage and stay in an uncomfortable, small, damp den.

4  Thank tesssie
Reviewed March 25, 2011

It starts with quite an uphill walk from the bus stop. I definately wouldnt say its in the center of town, there are many more nicer places much closer to the action than Decos. The owner was really nice on check in, and showed us around the place. We stayed in a double room, which was small, but the bed was comfortable and clean. There were seperate bathrooms for guys and girls, which seemed more like school bathrooms. one row of toilets, one row of showers. The showers were not to my liking, as the partitions didnt go all the way to the floor,and there seemed to be only one drain at the one end of the row, so if you are in the bottom shower, all the other showers' water will run to the drain in your shower! However, there was a hairdryer to use. The free wi fi I think is a big incentive to stay here, as the South Island internet fees at hostels and internet cafes are at least double those of Auckland. Didnt use the kitchen, although it did look a bit small.