“Final holiday breakfast”

Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Have been here several times over the past few years when in Queenstown with my family over from Sydney for the skiing. Have always found it very clean, tidy and warm. Before leaving to drive home to the West Coast--family heading to the airport and then back to Sydney--we had a final breakfast together. We(4 adults and a child) all enjoyed the food. The menu was varied and we all had something different and none of us were disappointed in our choice. The staff were very courteous and patient especially with one of us who could not decided on what to eat and changed her mind a couple of times before finally ordering. The 4year old grandchild was offered a child sized portion and had his food needs catered for without fuss. On a separate occasion daughter-in-law made went on her own to use the Wi-Fi access and was well looked after with coffee as she likes it. I can see us all going back there on the next ski trip in 2014.

haloforbiddenbite, Owner at Halo, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2013

Thanks for your comments and glad that you received great service from my staff. The angels always try and accomodate all requests even when very busy.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

This is the second time we have been to Halo, the food is great, we had a brunch with Hot smoked salmon, cabbage & spinach with poached eggs, and really good coffee...the only comment for me is its a bit dirty, the tables need a good sand back and re staining and the place needs a general overhaul..staff and service were great..

Thank you for your subjective feedback. I am very pleased that on more than one occasion that you enjoyed your experience at Halo. Food and service being up to scratch and that you enjoyed one of our specials. A little bit disconcerted about your "dirty"comment. Myself and my staff certainly do not believe this to be true and i dont believe we should be under this type of scrutiny in a public forum from your personal opinion on the sanding back of our tables. I do not see the relevance.
We have a daily cleaning schedule . Perhaps in the middle of serving a few hundred people a day it is a little hard to be spotless all the time.
Owner

Reviewed July 11, 2013

Normally this cafe is good, but today service terrible. Thursday pm 11 July 2013.
Hot Chocolate watery And half cold.
A relation with me ordered off menu at table. We waited 1/2 hr nothing come. Order not actioned by staff. Not good enough. As a local I probably won't go back there, with any visitors.

I am sorry that your last visit to Halo was disappointing. Obviously you have visited in the past and found the service to be good so am disappointed myself to hear this . Perhaps if you email me on haloforbiddenbite@xtra.co.nz then i could send you a voucher in order for you to return and hopefully enjoy the experience that Halo normally provides.
owner

Reviewed June 26, 2013

I usually go here for breakfast when I'm in Queenstown. Elsewhere if it's closed or full.

I always have Eggs Benedict and they do that very well.

There coffee is pure nectar. I don't know how they do it but their coffee is absolutely devine. You won't get a better (or equivalently excellent anywhere).

The service is excellent.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

It's easy to miss Halo. It is on the edge of the restaurant area of Queenstown and is well worth finding. I had dinner there one night - superb tapas and a beer - and breakfast the next morning. Both meals were excellent. The porridge was excellent and the coffee was very good. They do a much better breakfast at Halo than at the better known Joe's Garage where I also ate. Halo have helpful and friendly staff too.