“Enjoyable time and good value”
Review of Monty's Bar - CLOSED

Monty's Bar
Cuisines: Gastropub, New Zealand
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed August 20, 2013

We had an enjoyable time with a beer tasting session $20 followed up by the steak special. $17 for a 500g rump steak which was cooked to our medium/rare order. Excellent value and the wait staff were attentive and good fun, they looked after our dining neighbours kids very well. Cannot speak to some of the other recent reviews but we enjoyed our evening, not fine dining but never designed to be.

Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

Had some vegtables salad but came out with sour cream and guacamole all over it with rice.. Menu mentioned nothing of it. My friend got a burger which was stale, and too much cheese and meat was bland. Won't go back.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

We visited here on a busy Saturday night. Our group s meal was very disappointing indeed. Food was mediocre and the pork loin had to be returned as you could not cut it with a knife. The other meals were average or below standard and bland.The one good thing was the wait staff. They were great. Won't be going back however.

Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

I love taking time to sit down and review great, well deserving places like this. Awesome staff, great pricing and the BEST food in town. Not to mention its directly oposite the best hostel in NZ -Nomads! Location location location. Loved everything. Will be back tomorrow. And the next day. And then I have to leave:-(

Reviewed May 30, 2013

...in front of a roaring fire on a cold day. Best burger I have had in a long time, and my companion had a chicken sandwich to die for. Good service. Great prices for lunch. Would highly recommend for lunch and I would go back and have a go at dinner next time I am in town.