“Fantastic tapas!”

Ranked #29 of 283 Restaurants in Queenstown
Cuisines: European
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Modern New Zealand cuisine served Tapas style with tasting plates. Fresh, local produce. Outstanding wine selection and brilliant cocktail list. Please note it is not possible to reserve tables - Eichardt's is a small bar with 7 tables only, bookings are not practical. When full, guests are offered the option to wait in the hotel foyer and drinks may be taken there.
Reviewed November 25, 2012

I recently enjoyed a lovely evening here with a group of friends. There was about 8 in our group and we really enjoyed the tapas selection. There were too many highlights to mention.

They have an excellent wine list and great cocktail options as well.

If we're ever back in Queenstown we'll be sure to go to Eichardt's again and will ensure we recommend to our friends.

Eichardts, General Manager at Eichardt's Bar, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2012

Perfect spot for small groups, pre or post dinner - or settle in for a lengthy stay by the fire!

The kitchen team work pretty hard on the tapas and we are always coming up with new ideas so look out for even more gems next time you are back.

Its coming up to a really busy time in Queenstown over the holiday period so be sure to stop in for a bite and a glass of something special.

James Cavanagh

Reviewed November 13, 2012

This bar is cosy, beautiful and elegant. We had beautiful Central Otago Pinot by the fire and one of the most exquisite dishes I have ever had. It was goat's cheese with balsamic figs and walnut toast. Perfect.

Eichardts, General Manager at Eichardt's Bar, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2012

Dear BrisbaneLou,

Thank you for your review of Eichardt's Bar. I was pleased to see you loved our goat's cheese from the tapas menu and I certainly agree - the bar is a perfect spot to enjoy a Central Otago Pinot Noir! I will be passing on your feedback to the bar team and we appreciate your comments. Thank you and we look forward to seeing you again at Eichardt's on your return visit to New Zealand.

Reviewed October 26, 2012

We checked in with the teenage family (all worldly travellers) and were staying in the 3 bedroom apartments at Eichardt's. As it was lunch time we thought we'd pop into the bar for some lunch, the place is tiny and everybody can listen to everybody elses conversation also very limited lunch menu, the food was expensive and average. However breakfast over the next few days was exceptional. So I would recomend breakfast or drinks and tapas in the evening.
Definately worth a visit if you are in Queenstown.

Eichardts, General Manager at Eichardt's Bar, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2012

Dear FiveStarTraveller4,

Thank you for your review of Eichardt's Bar. Our lunch menu consists of 12 items and all menu items are made from only the best fresh, local ingredients from scratch. We only have 28 seats so we offer an intimate and relaxed atmosphere with quality cuisine matched with exceptional beverages and service. I will be passing on your feedback to the bar team and we appreciate your comments. Thank you and we look forward to seeing you again at Eichardt's.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

Nice cosy restaurant, not too pretentious but with really nice food & a price to match. My wife had the duck & I had the 2nd best seafood chowder of my life

Dear thebigpuppa,

Thank you for your review of Eichardt's Bar. I was pleased to see you enjoyed your lunch experience with us. I will be passing on your feedback to the bar team and we appreciate your comments. Thank you and we look forward to seeing you again at Eichardt's.

Reviewed October 24, 2012

I though the Food was nice, the price was reasonable the only thing I would suggest is probably sharing 4 or 5 items between 2 as opposed to the 3 my partner and I did.

Eichardts, General Manager at Eichardt's Bar, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2012

Dear DB,

Thank you for your review of Eichardt's Bar. I was pleased to see you enjoyed your tapas with us and sharing four or five items is a great alternative to a full a la carte dinner and makes for a very relaxing and enjoyable experience. I will be passing on your feedback to the bar team and we appreciate your comments. Thank you and we look forward to seeing you again at Eichardt's.