“Bike guru's & excitement creators.”
Review of Vertigo Bikes

$105.49*
and up
Mountain Bike Trails Including Shuttle Transfer from Queenstown
More attraction details
Owner description: Vertigo Bikes was born from Tim Ceci’s love of mountain biking. Guiding MTB trips is the only professional job he’s ever had! Joined a few years later by Paul ‘Pang’ Pangus, Vertigo has become THE Bike Shop in Queenstown. Still rider owned and operated, we are a one-stop shop for all your biking needs; be it guiding, heli-biking, coaching, bike sales, workshop or transport, we’ve got it all covered. We pride ourselves on being a small, yet perfectly formed company, which has an unparalleled enthusiasm for all things biking in Queenstown. We have an amazing group of individuals working for us who offer really great service and an unbeatable product. When you ride with our crew you’ll learn new skills & experience the thrills of Queenstown’s incredible terrain. Join us for a ride & make the most of it!
Reviewed January 3, 2014

Spent 2 weeks in lovely Queenstown, dropped into Vertigo as my buddies recommended me to go see them. Instantly they where friendly & keen to hear what type of riding i wanted to do. I found them extremely knowledgable about local riding & bike repairs.

Did the Helicopter tour with them & cant speak highly enough about the experience. We where always were laughing even if it was while repairing a flat, it will go down as one of my best MTB experiences. Do yourself a favour when in Queenstown & go see them . Tim, Paul & all the crew there are more than happy to get you mobile on a bike & help you see the place properly.

BrnzLtd, Owner at Vertigo Bikes, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2014

Thanks for your feedback - Not sure who you are talking about as we are always dead serious ;-). We're glad you had fun!

Reviewed December 29, 2013

There are many bike rentals in Queenstown so use one that has better customer service and safety standards! When I fell off their bike, the staff seemed more concerned about retrieving the bike and making sure that it was in good condition as she did not help me at all. They did not have a first aid kit on the premise and I was fortunate that a friendly New Zealand family offered me a ride as I could not walk after my fall. Vertigo's services are way below acceptable standards and if I could give them 5 negative stars I would. I highly encourage others to go elsewhere to rent bikes in Queenstown.

Thanks for your feedback. We do have a first aid kit on site in our shop for emergency use. We have already responded to your parents' feedback below & again we are sorry that you had a fall.

Reviewed December 23, 2013

We rented 3 bikes at by the hilton hotel location. Within 10 minutes, my teenage daughter has a fall and hurt her knee. We returned the bikes within 30 minutes & were willing to pay for 1 hour, but they refused, charging us for a full 2 hours at ZD$60! This was in contrast to the bike rental in Davenport, where the service was SO excellent, they gave us a discount on a 2 hour rental. There are TONS of bike rental places in queenstown. Vertigo does NOT provide locks, so you have to keep a constant eye on your bikes if you want to park it and have a coffee, ice cream, or walk about. Also, this location was low on bikes so my teenager ended up with a medium (versus small) frame. Last, their customer service is terrible. We rented the bikes on Xmas eve and they showed no sympathy when we only used the bikes for 10 minutes, charging us for 120 minutes. Don't use this company-- there are plenty of other bike rentals that will provide better service!

3  Thank 8888mrl
BrnzLtd, Owner at Vertigo Bikes, responded to this reviewResponded December 26, 2013

We're sorry to hear you're upset with us and the way you wrote the review it does seem like we were a bit harsh. However, even though your daughter was able to walk back to the shop, we actually closed the shop and our staff member walked along the track for a while to find you and help you bring the bikes back, we think that is something that goes above and beyond what one would expect. We don't worry about providing locks with our bikes as we feel Queenstown is a pretty safe place to go for a ride, perhaps one day we will have to, but hopefully that day is a long way off. We appreciate your feedback and hope you had a nice Christmas. Safe travels!

Reviewed December 16, 2013

My wife and I went heli-biking whilst in Queenstown and it was absolutely superb. As a regular biker I could not miss the opportunity to pass this by whilst in queenstown. Tim and the staff from vertigo were excellent. The bikes were great and the whole experience was amazing. We also rented bikes from them on a different day to hi in the bike park and again the bikes were superb. I was given a brand new giant glory so can't complain at that. Altogether highly recommended. Tim and the crew have been running heli-bike trips here for years. Wish I could do it again! Thanks.

Thanks for the feedback, it was great riding with you and showing you some of our playground. Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

Went on the heli bike tour with these guys. The trip was amazing. Although I had to wait for a few days before enough riders signed up fir the trip, it was well worth the wait. The views from the top were amazing, and the guide was proffesional and pleasing - letting the riders to go on with shredding the trail while providing amazing information on the landscape around us.

Thanks for your feedback! We have tried to keep the cost down on this trip as much as possible, not easy when a helicopter is involved :-), which is why we have a minimum number of riders before the trip is confirmed, and sometimes it does take a few days at the start & end of the season to get a confirmed trip happening. But it is always worth the wait, even for those of us who get to guide, it is one of our favourite trips. Hope to catch you again next time you're in town!