“Remarkables Heli-Bike trip - Amazing!”
Review of Vertigo Bikes

$111.39*
and up
Mountain Bike Trails Including Shuttle Transfer from Queenstown
More attraction details
Owner description: Vertigo Bikes was born from Tim Ceci’s love of mountain biking. Guiding MTB trips is the only professional job he’s ever had! Joined a few years later by Paul ‘Pang’ Pangus, Vertigo has become THE Bike Shop in Queenstown. Still rider owned and operated, we are a one-stop shop for all your biking needs; be it guiding, heli-biking, coaching, bike sales, workshop or transport, we’ve got it all covered. We pride ourselves on being a small, yet perfectly formed company, which has an unparalleled enthusiasm for all things biking in Queenstown. We have an amazing group of individuals working for us who offer really great service and an unbeatable product. When you ride with our crew you’ll learn new skills & experience the thrills of Queenstown’s incredible terrain. Join us for a ride & make the most of it!
Netanya, Israel
“Remarkables Heli-Bike trip - Amazing!”
Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

Went on the heli bike tour with these guys. The trip was amazing. Although I had to wait for a few days before enough riders signed up fir the trip, it was well worth the wait. The views from the top were amazing, and the guide was proffesional and pleasing - letting the riders to go on with shredding the trail while providing amazing information on the landscape around us.

Visited January 2013
BrnzLtd, Owner at Vertigo Bikes, responded to this review, December 26, 2013
Thanks for your feedback! We have tried to keep the cost down on this trip as much as possible, not easy when a helicopter is involved :-), which is why we have a minimum number of riders before the trip is confirmed, and sometimes it does take a few days at the start & end of the season to get a confirmed trip happening. But it is always worth the wait, even for those of us who get to guide, it is one of our favourite trips. Hope to catch you again next time you're in town!

Toronto, Canada
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Skippers Canyon Tour”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Went on the Skippers Canyon Tour.
Great staff and tour guide, no complaints. The track was a blast, not very technical but are quite fast. As such the two runs they take you are very short. Trip was hampered by the poor rental bike. The largest size was a large, no good for anyone >185cm. The bike itself had seen better days and, in my opinion, should not have been rented out. You can also opt to take the road if you are not a strong biker, which for a road, looks fun.

Visited March 2013
BrnzLtd, Owner at Vertigo Bikes, responded to this review, December 26, 2013
Thanks for your feedback. I was sorry to hear that you thought the rental bike was no good as you didn't mention anything at the time before or even during the trip. I myself am well over 6 foot and use a large frame bike. All our trip bikes go through a rigorous safety check when they come back and a service before they go out again, but the nature of the terrain that we do ride in means that the bikes sometimes get battered a bit, doesn't mean they are unsafe though. Glad to hear you enjoyed the Skippers Pack Track, it certainly is amazing country and we are very lucky to have these trails in our backyard. Hope to catch you again soon! Happy trails!
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Excellent customer service and tantalizing bikes, etc.”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Bought a bike from Vertigo Bikes and was very impressed by the quality of service. They had attended to every little detail in preparing the bike - even the tedious task of applying bike tape and a chainstay protector had been done for me!

As well as being friendly and helpful, all the staff here ride regularly so can provide invaluable advice about the local trails.

Experience of their rental service was equally positive. They have bikes of all sizes for all types of riding and can advise which is best for you if you don't know. Their very reasonable prices include hire of helmet, gloves, pads, pump and repair kit.

The shop stocks a great range of very seductive bikes from Giant, Transition, Yeti and Zerode, plus an extensive range of bike bits, clothing and accesories from many of the top brands.

Visited December 2012
Asheville, North Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Couldn't get past the gatekeeper”
Reviewed February 6, 2013

After a business associate recommended these guys, I walked into their shop, credit card in hand, to book a heli trip. Unfortunately, the gentlemen working behind the counter wasn't having a good day (or so it seemed).

I was (very pleasantly) asking basic questions about the trip, like any person who is paying $400 would typically do and trying to make a little small talk, but the guy was incredibly rude. I've been riding bikes for awhile and "bike shop attitude" is a common thing all over the world, so it doesn't necessarily surprise me.

The same day I had been in contact with Freeride NZ, who were insanely friendly, so I went with them instead. I'm sure the actual heli trip at Vertigo is amazing - and I may try again next time I'm in town - but I just couldn't give my money to this guy when there were so many nicer people around.

It's probably worth noting that I shared this frustration with someone on the gondola for the Queenstown bike park and he stated that he had a pleasant experience when renting his bike. Maybe I was just unlucky.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank JunesongProvision
BrnzLtd, Owner at Vertigo Bikes, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Hey mate, thanks for your feedback. We were totally gutted to read your review & extremely sorry that you had to go through this... :-( I'm sure the boys never meant to come across rude or offhand. Sometimes they get a bit too focused on trying to fix the bikes but that is no excuse. We had a good staff meeting the other night where we re-iterated how important it is to look after whoever walks in through the door, whether it's the first person of the day or the 100th & to focus on them 100%. Please give us another shot next time you're in town. Glad to hear that you had a great day heli-biking over in Wanaka. We are very blessed here with the terrain we've got. Keep hitting those trails & again our apologies. Cheers, Kris
Auckland Region, New Zealand
3 attraction reviews
“Father and Son Week”
Reviewed February 2, 2013

We are keen Mountain Bikers 57 and 25yrs old. We used Vertigo Bikes for all our bike hire in Queenstown, we Hired bikes to go to Seven Mile and got advice & maps from Vertigo. The Helibike was fantastic, we really enjoyed the authentic trail at Skippers Canyon and spent 2 mornings on Skyline Downhilling. The guides were really great, relaxed and proffesional. The bikes were fine and we have no hesitation recommending them. We had a great time.

Visited January 2013