“Fun day out on mountain bikes on the outskirts of Queenstown”
Review of Vertigo Bikes

$103.18*
and up
Mountain Bike Trails Including Shuttle Transfer from Queenstown
More attraction details
Owner description: Vertigo Bikes was born from Tim Ceci’s love of mountain biking. Guiding MTB trips is the only professional job he’s ever had! Joined a few years later by Paul ‘Pang’ Pangus, Vertigo has become THE Bike Shop in Queenstown. Still rider owned and operated, we are a one-stop shop for all your biking needs; be it guiding, heli-biking, coaching, bike sales, workshop or transport, we’ve got it all covered. We pride ourselves on being a small, yet perfectly formed company, which has an unparalleled enthusiasm for all things biking in Queenstown. We have an amazing group of individuals working for us who offer really great service and an unbeatable product. When you ride with our crew you’ll learn new skills & experience the thrills of Queenstown’s incredible terrain. Join us for a ride & make the most of it!
Reviewed January 20, 2013

We were driven from the Queenstown shop to Moke Lake and had a lovely time exploring the area. The bikes were in good condition and the route round the lake easy to follow. Some challenges for those like me who are not too keen on steep downhills but the guide who drove us out the Lake had warned us about that bit and offered alternatives. I just walked down!

Reviewed January 12, 2013

We hired bikes and were dropped in Arrowtown by Vertigo bikes. This cost $88 per person. The trail was about 35km and took about 3.5 hours of leisurely riding. The scenery was beautiful, trail in excellent condition (apart from the bits that had flooded but these added to the adventure).

1  Thank timandmary1
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Cheers boys,! Awesome experience flying up into the remarks with my bike and evening better riding down. Fantastic scenery and even a bit of snow up there to make things even more exciting. Great guiding by the staff, plenty of tips and advice about look out points and where to watch out for fences. Even commentary on the scenic flight up. All in all a amazing experience, Cheers!

1  Thank Callum W
Reviewed December 30, 2012

If there is only one ride I could do in New Zealand, that would be Vertigo Heli Bike! To me, it is the mother of all rides, not for the challenging trails but for the experience. The helicopter took us to one of the highest drop-offs near the summit of Ben Cruachan, with our bikes hanging besides the helicopter like missile launcher. The first session is one of the most memorable event in my life. We did not expect to cross a steep snow cap at the top of the mountain! Heli biking is the most memorable experience I had so far. Super, super, super awesome! The experience worth every penny we spent. Go for it if you could, I assure you will not regret.The team from VERTIGO BIKES was awesomely professional and the experience we got was beyond words.

1  Thank oneworld88
Reviewed December 27, 2012

My husband and I rented mountain bikes for the day, including helmets. Great bikes - modern and well maintained.

When discussing our plans the Vertigo staff mentioned that the proposed route included three very steep climbs. He also mentioned that some parts of our route were not too well signed - and explained where it went at a specific point on the journey. We're so glad that we listened - otherwise we would have got lost and also have probably not completed the whole ride as the climbs would have been too much for us (and we're not that unfit!).

So, ask any questions you have - these guys know the area and want you to have the best possible time!

1  Thank SLLushi