We stayed at Canyons lodge for four days in February. Positives; great location, beautiful view and owner Andy and his staff Coralie are very friendly people.
Having said that, we have been disappointed with our stay at Canyons Lodge for the following reasons;
1) uninspired breakfast - sweetened yoghurt, fruit but from a can, cheap juice and mediocre coffee
2) interior is not very clean, outdated and overall pretty unattractive. rooms are dark and a little smelly. Who still has shower curtains?
3) house is deserted and owner Andy does not live at Riverview but away in Arrowtown. as such it doesnt feel like a house but rather a cabin and has no life in it
4) Constant noise of the shotover jets in the river below.
5) wifi did not work in our room
All in all the 365 NZD price tag in our opinion does not reflect the facilities, the service or the experience. We typically choose our accomodation based on Tripadvisor reviews. Canyons lodge has 45 reviews, all of which are "excellent", which we find hard to understand. Most of the reviews are pretty old and perhaps not reflective of the current situation. If it were advertised not as a bed and breakfast but more cabin style and at NZD 150, i think it would be a great deal and you would not be disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Canyons Lodge B&B, Queenstown, New Zealand is a lovely B&B set amidst majestic mountains on sweeping lawns overlooking the celebrated Shotover River with Coronet Peak Ski Field in the background. Secluded and rural yet only 4kms from Queenstown voted the adventure capital of the world with its abundance of activities, ski fields, golf courses, wineries, cafes, restaurants and shops. B&B hosted guests have access to the large deck grounds outside as well as the outdoor hot tub. Breakfast is available dependent on the room rate booked. Each room has an en-suite bathroom and private patio area. B&B guests do not have access to the main house. At times we rent out the lodge as a holiday home at which time guests have full use of the lodge including the lounge with open fireplace and all 5 bedrooms (max of 10 people). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Hotwire so you can book your The Canyons B&B reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.