“Lovely staff, fantastic atmosphere & pretty good food” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Les Alpes - CLOSED

Les Alpes
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Your Tastiest Restaurant Experience In Queenstown: A French Culinary Journey Passionately Combined With The Unique Taste Of New Zealand Produce. A rare experience for any restaurant in Queenstown. What do you think about discovering how New Zealand Wines enhance French food and how French Cuisine enhances New Zealand produce? For example, try New Zealand Lamb cooked the French way! Les Alpes restaurant will allow you to experience authentic fine French food, cooked only with fresh ingredients, come and try our homemade products ! Our restaurant offers gluten free and diary free and vegetarian options. If you are a wine enthusiast, you will marvel at the 80+ wine references that bring you the regions of Burgundy, Champagne, and Provence, as well as the best wines New Zealand has to offer. Les Alpes can provide at once a cosy atmosphere for romantic dinners and a friendly ambiance for functions (80+ groups). Experience our Live music venues every Friday & Saturday,enjoy at the same time a gourmet dinner and a jazzy concert !
“Lovely staff, fantastic atmosphere & pretty good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2012 via mobile

This place is a winner simply by virtue of the staff and ambience. The owner went out of his way to accommodate us given he was fully booked on a rainy Saturday evening. The waitresses were equally as helpful and everyone is French adding to the atmosphere. Good French fare!!

San Remo, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“French cusine”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2012

Great atmosphere, a chance to catch up with my french and great tucker.
My beef medallions were cooked to perfection and wifes chicken was tender and mois

Visited September 2012
“Highlight gastro experience of the trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012 via mobile

We were here as part of a group and had wine and fondue as part of a multi site dinner. This restaurant was the highlight of the night.
Wonderful food experience with a delicious wine match. Service was personable And friendly. the owner checking in also and explaining some of the food.
Nice solo live performer playing jazz At a volume that wasnt imposing.
Even with a performer the ambient noise was such to allow easy conversation.
We will be coming back next time we are down.

Brisbane, Australia
“Poor service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2012 via mobile

I used to love this place and would come often for coffees, pastries or creme brûlée. The service used to be friendly and warm.
The last three visits this year have been terrible. I had a creme brûlée that had the consistency of scrambled eggs, the waiter never checked back do it wasnt until we got up and paid at the counter was I able to complain. I had not eaten it as it was so poor, they did quickly run over to the table to check that my complaint was justified and I was not charged. Which is fair seen as I had not been able to eat my meal, but had I been given the chance I would have liked to have ordered something else.
The next visit with my husband we were spoken to in such an abrupt and rude manner by the female owner of the business that we were almost in shock. How could someone be so rude to a customer is beyond me.
The third time I was with friends for a afternoon tea and again we were treated rather rudely. They took our coffee orders at the table but made us order our cakes at the counter?? Soon after receiving our meals there was a lot of noise made by rearranging all the tables around us. Made us feel like we were intruding.
It is sad when something that was so good is now so poor. I won't be back.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
around the world
“Will be back”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2012 via mobile

The restaurant was nice and warm, the service was excellent and the fondue very tasty. Sitting by the fire was perfect. I'll be back! Thank you