“Best French Toast Ever”

Ranked #16 of 40 Quick Bites in Queenstown
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

We stumbled on Bobs Weigh by accident looking for breakfast our first morning. I had the French toast with a side of bacon. It was the best French toast I have ever had. The bread they use was a thick cut multigrain that made it extra delicious. They also serve it with a fruit jam and maple syrup. We liked it so much I insisted we go back the next day too. I ordered the French toast again. Wonderful!

Date of visit: April 2018

Reviewed March 12, 2019

A busy little cafe on the main road through town that serves one of the best breakfasts I've had in New Zealand, and at a truly reasonable price - A very friendly and welcoming set of staff, and a chef going like the clappers like an octopus with eight arms going in all directions in the kitchen - I take my hat off to these people for how they deal with the busy periods! :-)

Date of visit: March 2019
Reviewed March 10, 2019 via mobile

If you’d like a nice typical eggs and toast breakfast paired with some world class cappuccino, give this place a try! Bob’s Weigh looks small town and from what I can tell, it is a small town friendly place but their coffee making is worldly. My husband has frequented up to five coffee places a day (not exaggerating, we are on vacation!) and this is the only place he went twice. He ordered the cappuccino each time.

From a food perspective, I’d say this is typical breakfast brunch kind of place with eggs and toast, the usual. I had an omelette that was yummy but not memorable. I also had loose leaf tea that was well presented with your personal tea pot.

Service was friendly and fast. The waitress was quick to let me smell the teas so no rushing whatsoever which is nice. The place is small but we never had to wait for a table. People came in, got food quickly, and cleared our quickly too.

Date of visit: March 2019
Reviewed February 28, 2019

We absolutely LOVED this small tiny little cafe in Queenstown!! What made this place our favorite, was MARY!!!....and, of course, the FABULOUS FOOD!!!!!! She is a hilarious ball-of-fire!!! You get entertainment with your food... a win-win!! Her son, Bob, is the cook and hands-down....the best meal we had in Queenstown!!!

Date of visit: February 2019
1  Thank Kapunilove
Reviewed February 22, 2019 via mobile

Can’t go wrong with all day brekkie.
Food is delicious & staff are great!
Quick service and amazing coffee (in a bowl).
A must go when in Queenstown!

Date of visit: February 2019