“Definitely recommend”

$80.04*
Lake Wakatipu Nature Walking Tour from Queenstown
$292.97*
and up
Ultimate Nature Experience from Queenstown: Dart River Jet Boat Ride and Lake...
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: "EVERY STEP A STORY....” It’s our privilege to take you into some of the most beautiful and spectacular areas in the Queenstown and Fiordland region to experience everything from glacial valleys and majestic mountains to beautiful lakes and pristine rainforest. Our friendly, knowledgeable local guides ensure you have the time to enjoy the whole experience nature has provided. We’ve chosen our range of walks for their natural history, scenic beauty, remote locations and varied terrain. We’re proud of our company's reputation for providing friendly, informative and personalised guided walks for small groups, and working to make Guided Walks NZ the most memorable part of your New Zealand experience. Why choose Guided Walks NZ? The answer’s simple – we’re the only guiding company permitted to walk "off track" in the National Park. This means we avoid the crowds and experience a true 'wilderness' walk, letting you see and touch the real New Zealand. Guided Walks since 1868
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage, Activities for young children, Activities for older children
Reviewed December 25, 2013

Pete was great on the walk to Sam Summer's hut and back at Seven Mile, near Queenstown. He had a vast amount of knowledge regarding flora, fauna, trap setting, hunting, and all aspects of survival. I had a fantastic time and would definitely go again.

GWNZ, Owner at Guided Walks New Zealand, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2014

Hi Qtownlocal,

Great name by the way.
You're always welcome to join one of our trips. If you would like to see a few more survival tips, I've just finished filming for a new reality TV show which will go to air this winter.
Pete.

Reviewed December 6, 2013

The entire experience was AWESOME!! Highly recommend!! They took their time with us and answered all of our questions.

GWNZ, Owner at Guided Walks New Zealand, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2014

Hi John,
I don't know how to thank you for your review. You've said so much in only two lines.
Thank you.

Reviewed November 23, 2013

The tour operators (Pete & Karyn) are lovely and made it such a wonderful experience for us on our half day walking tour! The beauty of the Queenstown flora were matched by the good humour and entertaining stories from Pete. We loved every minute and would highly recommend this experience to anyone interested in getting some fresh air and exerciae alongside learning some tips on surviving in the woods...thanks for the fun facts and fun afternoon!

GWNZ, Owner at Guided Walks New Zealand, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2013

Hi Guys,
It was my pleasure, I thrive on teaching and sharing information on what's a passion of mine. I really think that we all have the ability to survive in the wilderness using primitive skills, we just need to be shown, and if we mix it up a little, using everyday things we may have on our person, then it just makes it all that more interesting.
Thank you so much for the great review, I really hope we get the chance to walk together again.
Take care,

Reviewed November 22, 2013

Going for a walk with Pete is more than just wander through the bush. As a kiwi who had been out into the bush quite a lot I didn't think that there was a whole lot I could be taught by a joking Englishman. I was wrong. Pete is super knowledgeable about all of the plants and wildlife in the area and has some great tips on survival. I just set a snare that Pete taught us to make on the trip. I'll alter my review based on it's success! :p
All in all a sweet afternoon in the sun learning a bit more about NZ wildlife and how to survive!

1  Thank Jack W

Hi Jack,
Thanks for the great review mate, it's wonderful.
I had a ball walking with you guys, it's always more fun for me when I see people taking in the information like a sponge, I must say though, the trip usually has something in it for everyone.
I'm just setting up a full day or overnight trip, so if you're back in Queenstown again look us up.

When we did the trip, I had just returned from the West Coast after filming a survival show for the Travel Channel, on the Sky network, so I was all ready and raring to go again, after the long drive home it was good to stretch the legs and flex the survival skills again.

Reviewed November 21, 2013

There are just so many walks you can do in NZ and doing this walk with Pete made it so special. Part survival school, part comedy show, part nature trek, all bundled with genuine warmth and passion for the outdoors. My wife and I learned so much during our half-day with Pete. Definitely something everyone should try. Thanks Pete from Jak and Jolina from the Philippines :)

Hi Jak & Jolina,
It was an absolute pleasure meeting you guys. Congratulations on your little girl, I know you'll make wonderful parents.
My heart goes out to all of your family and friends affected by the huge typhoon in the Philippines. If you forget any of the survival skills we went through or you wish to ask questions on something a little more specific to your situation back home, please feel free to contact me, you can always reach through www.youvswild.co.nz
Good luck and god bless.