“Beautiful spot for a bit of fine dining”
Review of Botswana Butchery

Botswana Butchery
Ranked #32 of 305 Restaurants in Queenstown
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

World class drinks list and food to match, this is the place to go for a bit of luxury. A warm fire place outside I would suggest going at lunch, having a wine by the fire and admiring the view! Also noted, the staff were very attentive so the prices match the service!

Date of visit: May 2019
Write a ReviewReviews (3,617)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We go out to eat a lot. We’re no stranger to a fine dining restaurant and this had all the makings of a fantastic splurge.
The service was fantastic. They gave us a private room and the sommelier popped in which was amazing. We felt a little rushed however. The food, while it was very good, it was as amazing as I thought it would be.
The gnocchi was really good however I’ve had better Tartare for sure.
My red deer main was a bit of a miss also however my husbands short rib was delicious and so soft.
It was a tad let down when we were hoping for a bit more but I give it a 4 simply because the waitress was lovely and the food was of course nice, just not incredible.. as you would expect for a lot $$$...

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Every times we go in Queenstown, every times we go to this restaurant. The quality is always at the rendez-vous. But we have been a little bit disapointed by somes points. We didn't check what the kids choice, I heard the waitress talking about pasta carbonara, so I had no worries. but, in fact, they are tortelinis with squash, spinach and sage which they have had. And there for the children of course it has no more to both children. The pasta at 40 NZD was excellent, but it was on the one hand aps a dish for children, and on the other hand not a sufficient portion for the price! I had a bad surprise on the amount of a piece of lamb to share, announced at 600 gr by the waitress who insisted on the need to share this dish. But I'm a bit stuck on my hunger! He was listening to 600gr with bones! so to two, it was not necessary to have a desire for gargantuan lamb as I had then. I do not remember a shoulder shared by two in this restaurant that had filled me.

Luckily I had eaten a plate of pasta from the kids who had to recommend a steak, for good by the way. I still have to say that the lamb so small is it was excellent and the juice too. We had the desserts offered before my displeasure. So despite this rather unfortunate experience, we have always eaten quality dishes at this establishment. This is why I can give a beautifull taing to the kitchen, but not to the waitress who made not good informations.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Me and my wife were hungry so decided to get a booking to come to this restaurant.
We did a last minute booking from the Eichardt Hotel so we did not get a good table, it was a table at the very back just in front of the service tops/kitchen.

The service of this place is exceptional, especially compared to other restaurants in Queenstown. The staffs were trained properly from the welcome greeting until the moment you leave. I was quite impressed. My wife and I were served by a newly-joined South African waitress, she was excellent. She knew the menu inside out, good and friendly attitude, we were very satisfied with her. She even knew the history of the restaurant and also introduced us to the Auckland chain of Botswana Butchery.

The in-house sommelier was also very good, knows her wine well and we were able to try a sip or two prior to getting a full glass.

We were satisfied.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Located 5 mins walk from Louis Vuitton store in town centre, what an excellent nice cozy restaurant.
Service was good and attentive.
We ordered the recommendation steaks, bluff oysters - deep fried, sauteed button mushroom, all excellent!
One of the best dinner I had!