“Nice dinner but please, add side dishes for the price!”
Review of Botswana Butchery

Botswana Butchery
Ranked #22 of 257 Restaurants in Queenstown
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Rohnert Park, California
“Nice dinner but please, add side dishes for the price!”
Reviewed March 21, 2014

Great atmosphere, decor and service. Make advance reservations for high season or weekends! My starter was a pear, walnut and spinach salad which was probably the best salad I ever had. My husband absolutely loved his French onion soup. We both had fillet steaks and garlic mashed potatoes. The steak was excellent but I have to honestly say it wasn't the best I ever had and the potatoes weren't that exciting. The steak looked very lonely on the plate. Every side is billed separately and I thought it would have been nice to have those served with the already pricey entree. Still, a very fun place.

• Visited March 2014

• Korean first
London
“Top notch”
Reviewed March 20, 2014

This was recommended by a local resident and we booked the night before asking for a patio table. The receptionist suggested an inside table by some french doors that they could close if the weather was cold. A great bit of advice as it poured with rain and we still had a table with a view. The waiting staff are good and knowledgeable about the menu. We ordered oysters and scallops for our starters and Fillet steak and lamb for mains. I was beginning to doubt we were going to find any top notch food in Queenstown but this place restored our faith. So, good quality simple ingredients, well cooked and served in a friendly and efficient style. Great place. It does all come at a price though. I thought it was worth it but our bill was $275 with a pre dinner drink and a modest bottle of wine. It was only one of two restaurants on South Island that put a "service not included" note on the bill.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank yarrow1946
Wellington, Wellington, New Zealand
“a great night out”
Reviewed March 20, 2014

if I was to be anywhere around the globe, I would look for a restaurant just like botswana. they have excellent food, great range of drinks, great engagement from staff, the whole lot!
Definitely recommend it.

• Visited March 2014
Sydney, Australia
“Memorable night out!!”
Reviewed March 20, 2014

We had an amazing dinner.... Fantastic food, great cocktails & wine list & extremely personable/attentive service. All menu options were well received by our diners!!

Visited February 2014
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Overrated and overpriced”
Reviewed March 19, 2014

When a business is overrated and over commercialized, service and quality will deteriorate and eventually not worth the value of $ if proper management is not in place. And this is how this place has become. Was highly recommended to dine here but food quality and taste was only average and service was neither accommodating. Nothing spectacular for me.

Visited February 2014