“Absolutely amazing!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Botswana Butchery

Botswana Butchery
Ranked #17 of 257 Restaurants in Queenstown
Cuisines: Seafood, European, New Zealand, Contemporary
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Scenic view, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
“Absolutely amazing!!”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Walked into the restaurant at about 7:30pm and asked if they had a table available for 3 people as they looked very busy. We were not expecting for them to say they could seat us straight away and so asked if we could come back in 10 mins as a member of our party wanted to change before eating. They said that was fine and we ended up taking a half hour instead of the 10 mins. When we got back to the restaurant they were still holding our table.

The wait staff is so friendly and talkative, joining in on the jokes and being very helpful about the menu.

The food....honestly it was amazing!! We shared the empanadas, Peking duck pancakes and foie gras and have never had better. For mains the gents had steak with cauliflower cheese and mashed potato as their sides. I had the duck shephards pie and was so impressed, but struggled to finish the meal!

We decided against dessert as we couldn't possibly fit it in, and the meal had been of such a high quality we wanted to leave it at that.

I definitely recommend this and will certainly be going back if I am ever in queenstown again

• Korean first
Brisbane, Australia
“Best in Queenstown”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

We walked in at 5:30pm and asked for a dinner booking later for two. They booked us in at 7:30pm. We arrived and were seated at a bar with a friendly waiter then escorted to a private table upstairs in a private room or suite. We had our own fireplace, the rooms walls were padded so noise of other diners was blocked out. We also had our own waiter. The furniture was fancy with just enough room in the room for us only. The dinner was amazing. I had the venison and lamb and ate every bit. My husband had the duck which was also great.
Great restaurant and very romanic room

Sydney, Australia
“Have had much better steak”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

I ate here twice, once for lunch and then another day for dinner. On both occasions I'm a big rap for the staff who are friendly and helpful, always looking to provide you a good experience. The place has a really warm atmosphere with a mix of table and seating styles plus at bar stools for counter service. Fireplace creates a nice setting in winter. The restaurant has a good menu, full bar and cocktails and a very extensive wine list but not many by the glass. The lunch, which included bluff oysters natural which had a wonderful sauce accompanying it, was well presented and food flavoursome. However, the evening meal let them down. While I enjoyed my Savannah porterhouse, and it was perfectly cooked chargrilled medium rare, its flavour, texture and juiciness didn't come near any of the great steakhouses I have been to. In fact, I don't think Botswana Butchery would survive in any major US city, the quality of the meat just wasn't there. While I don't mind the practice of charging extra for sides of fries or beans or salad, I object to $2.50 for horseradish (that was also very ordinary). I can't recall being charged anywhere for this or mustard previously. Given we are in Queenstown, for friendly service and a great evening buzz, Botswana Butchery delivers reasonably well, I just wouldn't go with steak if visiting again. The place is fully booked on many evenings so ensure a table with a reservation ahead of time.

• Visited August 2013
“Fab steak, amazing potatoes”
Reviewed August 24, 2013

We had dinner for 2, prices consistent with other fine dining in QT. The meat was mouthwatering and duck fat potatoes were drool-worthy. Keep in mind that you'll need to order sides with most of the mains. Staff were very helpful with food intolerances and make substitutes where they can. Would definitely visit again, very enjoyable meal!

Visited August 2013
Hobart
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Brilliant food”
Reviewed August 24, 2013

Have been here before with a large group but this time went with significant other. Staff were very helpful and accepted our request to be moved away from a large group as it was difficult to hear ourselves and found us a quiet table by a window. The food was brilliant as usual with the oysters amazing. Very happy with our steak choices. Didn't need a dessert but gave into temptation. Can't wait to go back again!

Visited August 2013