Open today: 8:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Book In Advance
Tours from Shotover Canyon Swing & Canyon Fox tend to sell out - travelers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience Shotover Canyon Swing & Canyon Fox
from $118.90
More Info
from $175.20
More Info
1,102 results
All reviews pin drop free fall jump styles gimp boy goes to hollywood adrenaline rush scariest thing adrenaline junkie few seconds scared of heights great fun thanks guys awesome experience my partner zip line bucket list backwards tandem
Reviewed yesterday via mobile

My husband and I did tandem backwards and had an amazing experience. The staff are great and do enjoy making the experience a bit more frightening for you.

Reviewed 5 days ago

I went and did the combo of Shotover Canyon Fox and Shotover Canyon Swing! It was amazing! The trip ran super smoothly, getting us checked in, whizzed out to the base, on the fox (which was sooooo fun! I ran off the end and it was brill) and then straight down onto the swing! They had the perfect balance of safe and scary, we were screaming or laughing the whole time! Loved every minute of it!

Reviewed 1 week ago

Despite my fear of heights, they made it be a great moment of my life. The staff is always making fun but with great responsibility. I felt totally safe and I had a unique and amazing experience.

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Did this adventurous swing 10 years ago and decided to come again after so long. They upheld their return costs and so it cost next to nothing to do this fantastic experience again. I'm an adrenaline junkie so this is what I love to do while here. 10 years have past but the staff were just as epic as before and friendly of course. I challenged myself with some new ways to jump off a cliff and wasn't dissapointed at all. One even got my heart pumping very much faster than usual. Anytime I come here for holiday the canyon swing is a must on my list of what to do here. Pics are of 10 years ago and of this current experience. Reccomended to any adrenaline junkie visiting Queenstown.

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

I loved this so much. The staff were great and always had something funny to say. What a rush this is. I enjoyed it so much that I did it a second time right after. The option of a second jump for $45 is great. If you’re a little crazy like me I highly recommend you do this if you’re in the area. Definitely worth it.

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Fun fun fun fun fun!!!! Has the thrill of a freefall but safety of a zip line. You can choose to run off a platform or start on the zip line but either way you fall about 10 meters before zipping across the canyon from about 185' in the air.

To get back to the other side is a standard zip line which is a good way to take on your surroundings.

Reviewed 1 week ago

I did both Canyon Fox and the Swing. Though its seem scary but I enjoyed a lot owing to amazing and friendly staff who made me comfortable before the jump. It is the first kind of thrilling activity which I have ever experienced so far. The best part is feeling in Canyon Fox was different from the Swing. So, one should go for both.
Must do activity for those who look for adrenaline.
Highly Recommended

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

So many different options to choose from when doing the swing which is so cool and unique. Staff were awesome and made it fun :D

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I had a Blast! I did both the fox and the swing. Even did the swing a second time! There are many different options in how you want to go. You can jump yourself, go sitting down, backwards, you name it. I decided to do some of the more scarier ones. Go hard or go home right? I ran down the ramp at the fox and did the Elvis cutaway and the Pin drop with the swing. It was Awesome!
Having the videos after is great as well. Every time I watch it I have a huge smile on my face plus it gives you a chance to really see what you did. In real life you are not able to take in everything because of the adrenaline rush.
When in Queenstown you HAVE to do at least 1 of the many many thrill rides! This is definitely a good option!

Thanks you for the memories!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

The canyon swing and the fox were the most thrilling activities I’ve done ever! The staff is incredibly awesome and have a fun attitude at all times!

The swing is a 60m freefall decent into the shotover river at which point you’ll question your sanity. The fox has a rail launch with a 5m drop before accelerating half a km on the other side. Just do both while you’re there. You’ll feel glad to be alive after doing it.

I think the photo pack offered is great value! It’s hard to capture those shots with a go pro or with a spectator. Just do it.

Go ahead and conquer your fears. The chances of making it out are pretty good.