“Amusing”

and up
Shotover Canyon Fox from Queenstown
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Not all companies are created equal. Our exceptional style of service is all part of your experience, our goal; to put a smile on your face either from fear or delight! Our 109m high Canyon Swing with a 60m freefall, and 182m high Canyon Fox with a 5m drop are just the ticket to get your heart pumping. Whichever way you jump, launch or get released, there’s a fun or scary style for you. Gravity is a toy. Come out and play.
Reviewed September 15, 2012

Had a great afternoon with the Canyon swing crew.

Very hard to make up your mind on what swing to do!

The staff are great! Really help those who are nervous - quirky pictures on your hand will have you puzzled for hours, but bring a huge grin to your face.

Really look forward to visiting when are next in Qtown.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,043)
All reviews
"pin drop"
in 33 reviews
"jump styles"
in 18 reviews
"gimp boy goes to hollywood"
in 17 reviews
in 27 reviews
"zip line"
in 19 reviews

Reviewed September 12, 2012 via mobile

Free fall-160 km/h jump into a canyon. You can't beat this on an adrenalin scale! You can choose between different jumps. Kindly you are allowed to pick your favourite song which will be played loudly when you jump (will also be the soundtrack on your DVD). Trust me you wouldn't remember otherwise!
Any extra jump is only an aditional $20.
Scary but interesting how the brain stops working when you stand at the edge of the platform. I have said things I don't remember (evidence on dvd). It will get better each time.. I ended up jumping 3 times.
Staff is very funny and friendly.
If you are looking for the ultimate thrill... this is it!!

Reviewed September 9, 2012

i had so much fun on this!
The guys that work there are really good fun! even though they tend to psych you out of it and mess with your head its a good laugh!
i loved it so much i wanted to go again which it was only $40 for extra jumps! it was good fun! would definitely recommend

Reviewed September 7, 2012

What an experience. I have an outrageous fear of heights but the staff were brilliant and put me totally at ease. I went for the "easy" cutaway option and loved it. What a feeling when they finally let you drop. One of the best things I've ever done!

See more reviews
Reviewed September 6, 2012

I was not at all prepared for this and was almost thinking about backing out - but by the time we arrived at the canyon and I was strapped up all ready to go I was looking forward to it. I didn't realise beforehand though that there was a 60m freefall before you actually swing! The guys running it were really funny, cracking jokes and trying to get everyone in a good mood. I did a tandem cutaway with a friend, pretty basic compared to some of the other jump styles but still scary and lots of fun! Definitely worth doing!