“Horrible Experience with NZONE” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #19 of 158 Tours in Queenstown
Type: Skydiving, Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: It takes a certain kind of person to jump out an aircraft from 15,000ft. It takes courage. Harnessed to an experienced jumpmaster, expect sensory overload as you reach terminal velocity/200kph. The personal challenge is immense! Located amidst the most breathtaking scenery in the world, your flight to altitude takes you high above the alpine resort, over crystal clear lakes and snow-capped mountains. Freefall photographs/ HD video packages available to capture your once in a lifetime experience. Operating since 1990, NZONE Skydive were New Zealand's first tandem skydive operation and are the only Tandem Skydive company to have won the NZ Supreme Tourism Award.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Stroller parking, Lockers / storage, Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children
Toronto, Canada
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Horrible Experience with NZONE”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2014

My husband and I are travelling on our honeymoon from Canada and we did a skydive with Nzone recently in February. I can't even tell you how disappointed I was, and in fact I have never written a negative review on trip advisor, so this is taking a lot out of me and I have been thinking about what I would write for a while.
Firstly, we booked our skydive for 1pm and we didn't actually do our skydive until about 4 pm. The process was horrendous and had we not asked a bunch of times when are we going, I feel like our turn would have never come. I met my jump-master maybe 30 seconds before getting into the plane.
This was the worst part. At the end of my skydive, the landing was pretty rough. In fact, I could barely get up for a photo at the end and was in terrible pain. My husband helped me over to a bench and not one person who worked there said a word. When my jump master came out for a second, all he said was "you didnt land properly" and I never saw him again. Meanwhile, our bus back to Queenstown left and I was sitting there with ice on my knee. One woman who worked at the desk came over and all she said was "can you please come and pay for your photos." Seriously!?! I was appalled and of course we paid for the photos eventually but I literally wasn't moving. We got back to Queenstown and went straight to the hospital where I was told that I tore my MCL and the following day I had to see a physical therapist.
Honestly I just feel that having spent $1000 with Nzone that they would at least care that one of their clients was hurt. No one said a word, or offered to take me to the hospital. The attitude was horrible and I felt like they were running the sky dives like a McDonald's drive thru.

Visited February 2014
6 Thank SamaraSB
NzoneSkydive, Manager at Nzone Skydive, responded to this review, April 3, 2014
We are taking your review seriously and have looked into the events on the day of your skydive with us and talked to your tandem instructor and the ground crew staff who were looking after you. We are sorry you felt you weren’t given enough care so I’d like to go through the events.

You left our shop on the van at 2 pm so arrived at the drop zone at 2.20 pm jumped at 3.50 pm and then arrived back at the shop in town at 4.45 pm so a total of 2.5 hours at the drop zone. As we advertise a 3-3.5 hour round trip, this is an expected wait time during our busiest season.

We’ve reviewed the photos of your landing and your skydive was completed safely. Your instructor did everything possible to ensure a smooth landing. On your final approach to land your instructor placed his feet under your legs to assist a safe landing as was necessary. This can be seen in your photos. You walked normally back to the hangar without assistance. When informed you were not comfortable the ground crew had a discussion with you whether you would like to go to the hospital to check your leg out. This option was declined and you were given an ice pack. You also had a discussion with your instructor and he suggested you get it checked by a doctor if you thought it was necessary as he couldn’t advise, not being a trained physician.

We are committed to excellent customer experiences and have taken measures to review our process when someone mentions any discomfort.

We really hope you enjoyed the awesome experience of freefall and hope that you enjoyed your honeymoon trip in New Zealand.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
124 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 117 helpful votes
“Measured up to our expectations”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2014

My wife and I did the Nzone 15000 ft skydive on 28 March 2014.
We weren't let down and thoroughly enjoyed the scenery and the jump. Great set up and good staff.
This jump was 24 hours after we did same in Taupo.

Alexandria, Virginia
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Awesome staff and great views”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2014

The staff were awesome! Our tour got canceled and rescheduled at least three times because of the weather, but we had scheduled an extra day in Queenstown so our last shot at getting the tour worked out! It turned into a gorgeous day, and the view from the plane and during free fall was beautiful. Their photography and videography packages were quite expensive (someone jumps with you to get these), and unfortunately, we couldn't bring our own go-pro. In addition, it takes a few hours to get your pictures/DVD after your skydive, so be sure to allocate time for that (we did not realize this and had to juggle a few things to make this work). Although I was super nervous, it turned into a lot of fun! Would recommend them for skydiving.

London, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“WOW !!!! WHAT AN EXPERIENCE”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2014

The NZone Skydive in Queenstown was an amazing experience ! It was an experience like very few others. We did the 15,000' skydive and boy....it was crazy ! It is short-lived, but worth every penny ! U shd. also spend the money on pics that they provide at an extra cost, though they should charge lesser. We didn't take the video though.

Visited April 2013
New York City, New York
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Skydiving”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2014

This is definitely a place you want to skydive. The views of the Remarkables while skydiving are amazing!! The staff were awesome! Definitely worth checking out!