“Not very sympathetic”

Ranked #23 of 159 Tours in Queenstown
Type: Skydiving, Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: It takes a certain kind of person to jump out an aircraft from 15,000ft. It takes courage. Harnessed to an experienced jumpmaster, expect sensory overload as you reach terminal velocity/200kph. The personal challenge is immense! Located amidst the most breathtaking scenery in the world, your flight to altitude takes you high above the alpine resort, over crystal clear lakes and snow-capped mountains. Freefall photographs/ HD video packages available to capture your once in a lifetime experience. Operating since 1990, NZONE Skydive were New Zealand's first tandem skydive operation and are the only Tandem Skydive company to have won the NZ Supreme Tourism Award.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Stroller parking, Lockers / storage, Wheelchair access
Reviewed November 28, 2012

Waited for 4 days to experience skydiving, eventually wasn't cancelled. Hopped in the bus, only to get to the destination and the rest of the day cancelled. I had to go to the main office in queens town. Only to be told all booked up. So it appears they don't go out of their way for the person who pays their money and is left waiting at the take off point. No offer to be a special group first thing the next morning...

So everyone be very careful, allow a whole week if weather not favorable, the people at nzone certainly don't care.

4  Thank I_bean_chipped
NzoneSkydive, Manager at Nzone Skydive, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2012

NZONE Skydive's Top Priority is customer safety; when the weather poses a danger to safety we do not operate and this weather dependent nature of Skydiving is explained to all our customers at check in.

Thank you for your feedback regarding rebooking people who have been trying to jump for a few days. Obviously we cannot reschedule customers who have already booked as they may have booked that particular day and time months in advance. Any disrupted customer bookings are placed on the very next available trip. We now have a system in place for customers who have had to reschedule to take priority.

We appreciate your comments; we do strive to ensure all of our customers get to experience the thrill of skydiving.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,027)

Reviewed November 24, 2012

Thank you so much Nzone!

The skydive itself was amazing and even better than my previous experience! Everything was exceptional from your reception staff in shotover street to the jump crew. Special thanks to Sasa my tandem master who is an absolute credit to your team. He was very engaging, interesting and informative making the whole experience even better!

It is well worth the price tag and I would recommend the (admittedly cringeworthy) DVD and photos-always good for a giggle, but a great memento. 15000ft was noticeably better that 12000ft!

In comparison to previous experience of skydiving in Australia, it is less costly for what you get, facilities and staff here were second to none and of course, most importantly, the beautiful surroundings of Queenstown are unforgettable from such a great vantage point...the best way to appreciate it in my opinion!

Thank you for helping me fall in love with Queenstown once again, now it won't just be the skiing I return for. Now if only you needed a new local dentist I'd be back every week for more of the same!

Laura x

Reviewed November 23, 2012

I celebrated my birthday with a jump from 12,000ft on 6th November. The weather was perfect - clear blue sky, mountains as far as the eye could see.

My tandem master Scott and cameraman Vasi were awesome!

I didn't get to see my dvd until I got home a few weeks later, it was a really nice surprise and brought it all rushing back when I watched it :) It's incredible to watch the dvd and think 'yes, I actually did that!'

Thanks guys !

Reviewed November 20, 2012

I decided to skydive after a friend told me it was an amazing experience (he did it in Australia, Gold Coast). When I booked my trip to Australia and NZ this year, I decided to jump in NZ, Queenstown, since it is the world capital of adventure sports. And so I chose NZone. I had the Nevis Swing and the skydive scheduled for the same day (skydive in the morning). As the weather on the morning of my jump was cloudy, the staff at NZone called AJ Hackett to switch the Nevis Swing to the morning, hoping that in the afternoon the weather would be good to skydive. The staff was very attentious and professional. I was lucky that the weather got better in the afternoon and so I skydived (12.000 ft). Everyone at the dropzone was amazing, but I have to give a special thanks to my tandem master Scott, who never made me feel nervous or scared and gave me a lot of confidence. They are all very professional and experienced tandem masters, and I can assure that this was so amazing that I got speechless after landing. It was such a thrill!! And the landscape of Queenstown is beautiful to observe from above. Skydiving isn't as scary as people might think, on the contrary, it's a perfect and unforgettable experience! These kind of memories last for a lifetime! I recommend paying for the DVD (at least), it's well worth it and you get filmed by a different skydiver who jumps in front of you. Thank you to everyone at NZone, I can't wait to go back to New Zealand and jump with you again! Next time, it'll be 15.000 feet, for sure!!

NzoneSkydive, Manager at Nzone Skydive, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2012

Thank you so much for posting your review on Tripadvisor.

We are excited you chose us for your first skydive experience. It is one of the best places in the world for scenery during your jump. Our staff in the booking office do try their best at rescheduling customer’s activities to work around any weather issues and we are pleased it worked out well for you.

Scott is one of our most experienced tandem instructors and strives to ensure each person he jumps with gets the best out of their skydive. He will be thrilled to get your feedback!

We are glad you got the DVD so that you can relive your jump again and again, although it’s not nearly as good as the real thing. Hope you get to skydive again in the near future and make it up to 15000ft.

Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed November 15, 2012

Wow! What a first class experience! Loved EVERY second of it and think I may have found my new addiction! Looks like i'll have to visit NZone Queenstown more than I expected :p
If you're ever in the area, this is a MUST and thats an order adrenaline-seekers! :D
A massive hug and "THANK YOU!" to my dive instructor Colin Aitchison and Photographer Andries(?) Hope I spelt it right!))! You aced it! x x x

1  Thank Jacqueline H