“You can't get better then this in Queenstown”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Queenstown
Aspen Lodge Backpackers
Reviewed September 30, 2011

Thanks to TA we found this great place. Mandy and Sally are the most welcoming hosts, full of info and so passionate about helping their guests in every way possible. One of our kids got sick and they changed the whole ski day trip we had already booked and paid for to another day, which meant calling 3 different places last minute. No problem for those 2 girls! They even lend us warm cloves so we didn't have to hire them. There was no other place in Queenstown we could have stayed for under $140 for 4 people. We had 2 separate bed rooms and shared a toilet/ shower between the 4 of us. Kitchen was shared with only a few other guests. The dorms are in a different building with another kitchen. Also very nice. Everything you needed was supplied. Fresh kitchen towels and bathrooms cleaned every day - in a back packers! It felt more like a 4 * hotel. No noise. Perfectly located within walking distance between town center and the big local supermarket and wonderful Mediterranean Market. Thank you for making our stay in Queenstown special!!!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed September 18, 2011

Stayed at Aspen for four nights and has been a very pleasant stay.. Located within walking dist to the town.. Most importantly, Donna, one of the duty manager has been really helpful and friendly.. Assisted us with the bookings of the trips and activities and gave detailed recommendations on what to do, eg the Nevis bungy which I did!! Was a good one (thanks a lot Donna!!) :)

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 4, 2011

I have stayed here twice in both my visits to queenstown and i ll definitely be back. We stayed in a double room and the bed is huge! There is more than enough space in the room and i liked that we have bathrooms for every 2 rooms. Having 2 separate buildings with kitchens and common rooms for dorms and the rooms is a great idea as our stay was so comfortable and the kitchen/common room wasnt crowded at all! We cant believe we paid backpacker rates for hotel quality rooms! The receptionists are really nice girls and one of them even remembered me during my 2nd stay. We loved this place and will recommend our friends to stay here!

Room Tip: Pay a little extra and get the double room/twin rooms. You only share bathrooms with another room an...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank keiliiliek
Reviewed August 15, 2011

We got a very nice warm welcome, Sally really take good care about us when we arrived, very helpfull and let us easy borrow things we missed for free. The room was big and nice bedm you can see they think very well in detail for the room as well for the bathroom.
The shared room and kitchen (there are 2) had a warm feeling beautifull view on the mountains. felt home and wanted to live there. Definately comming back there, Chris and Tong

Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 28, 2011

I was really impressed by how clean the bathrooms were and just how warm the heater was. Even in snowy weather, I was super warm in the rooms and the heater dried my socks in 10 min. The lounges are very warm too. The people at the front desk are super nice! They had knew the Queenstown tours and activities inside and out and had great recommendations. The free internet with each tour booking was a major plus too.

Location-wise, it's great. It's only a 2 min walk into town, which makes it easy to take your luggage to the bus stop (don't take the $20 airport shuttle, the bus is only $6 to the airport).

The other guests here were super awesome. It's a small hostel with rather small lounges so you get to know everyone really well. They were very nice, respectful, interesting people. My stay here was probably the best hostel experience I've ever had. I loved how everything was on such a personal level, something you don't usually get with some of the larger hostels. Next time I'm in Queenstown, I'm definitely staying here again.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank eskimopie155
Reviewed June 29, 2011

I stayed at the Aspen Lodge Backpackers for a week and it was the best place I stayed in all of New Zealand... And I travelled around New Zealand for a year and it was even better than when I lived in a flat in Wellington (That's a whole other story). Anywho, the staff were extremely kind and generous with their time and efforts to give me the best adventure in Queenstown. The hostel was always clean and I had no worries about my safety. They seem to attract the best tourists in Queenstown, as everyone seemed friendly and were up for a good time. Would definitely stay here anytime I was in QT. You will definitely not be disappointed...

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank krista1224
Reviewed May 1, 2011

Stayed here for four nights on our generation 3 tour of the South Island. with my son and grandson. Lovely people, friendly and very helpful staff. Thoroughly enjoyed our stay
and met some very interesting younger travellers.

Room Tip: Book a separate room for your party
  • Stayed: April 2011