“All trips to Milford Sound are similiar.”

Milford Sound Select
Milford Sound Day Trip Including Cruise and Luxury Coach from Queenstown
Henderson, Nevada
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“All trips to Milford Sound are similiar.”
Reviewed December 6, 2010

Once we arrived in Queenstown, we visited all the tour providers to Milford Sound. We looked at their websites and found the experience confusing regarding which to use. We choose Milford Sound Select because they were on the lower side of the tour costs. They also had a promo of a next day 3-hr city tour for free.
Their MS bus was half empty, quiet and the bus driver made about 8 stops on the way to allow for stretching and photos. At MS, we did one of the 1:40 hr big boats also used by other tour groups. On the return, the bus did no DVD which other say they do. No Wifi on our bus. Time passed quickly with reading a book & sleeping. A good value.

1 Thank manyplaceswest

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Austin, Texas
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“We had a great time”
Reviewed July 11, 2010

We went on this tour in June of 2010 and had a great time. Our driver was very knowledgeable about the area and managed the time very well to make the best use of the stops. Overall the trip was great and this tour company offered a great value!

2 Thank Athex
Bay Area, CA
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Great Bus, good trip”
Reviewed January 25, 2010

The Milford sound select Bus had a great driver who gave us a lot of information about Maori myths on the way into Milford Sound. They had a lot of good stops on the way with photo ops. The bus had a glass top which was nice. Although the bus comes with an attached toilet it is only meant for emergency use.
The cruise itself was run my Real journeys. It was a slightly bigger boat - I would have preferred a smaller boat - but the views were spectacular.
On the way back they do give you the option to fly back - which some folks did take.
We did not have any entertainment in the bus on the way back - not sure if that is the norm.
The trip is good value for money for a day trip from Qtown

1 Thank bhasky
UK
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Trip to Milford Sound”
Reviewed November 12, 2008

Good day trip! Vale was very informative, lots about Maori Myths and Legends.... you guys!! Good trip saw lots the scenery was amazing... it is breath taking. The boat was good and again what was on view was just awesome! Flight back was good.... could've been more informative and interesting but again the scenery was just breath taking......... Who ever you choose the trip is a must

3 Thank NZandBack2008
Burleigh Heads, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Be careful!!!”
Reviewed October 17, 2008

I researched everywhere about doing the Milford Sound. I knew the best choice was the coach, cruise, fly as you got the best of everything. I chose a smaller boat due to reviews - now I would recommend that you definitely go with someone who goes to the Observatory.
We had a good day but nothing spectacular. Our flight was cancelled due to weather and here's the worst part of the trip - we paid in advance and we are still waiting for the refund for the flight portion - now a month later. It is close to $1500 so I am not pleased at all.
This incident has soured the whole experience.
Be careful when booking with this company. They keep telling me that they will refund the amount (I have rung from Australia 3 times and emailed twice), but I am not holding my breath.

6 Thank TorontoDragon