We stayed in Villa 4. This is an amazing location really, jut a ten minute stroll along the lake into town. Lovely large open plan unit with good heating. You get a full view of the Remarkables from the lounge room. Great bathrooms including nice strong showers. Bed was very comfortable. A little road noise from the main road but not at all intrusive and it IS on a main road after all so expect some level of noise. We were generally very happy with the place apart from a couple of small gripes:
1. Someone was storing enormous linen laundry bags in the garage (which we were using). I had to literally drag these out of the way so that we could reverse the car out of the garage as they had blocked us in overnight! These bags were pretty heavy too - probably at least 15 - 20kg. This is completely unacceptable when you advertise the unit as having a private car park. If its not available to use then do not advertise it.
2. Teeny tiny unusable TV in the main bedroom. This had a set top box only (so fairly antiquated) and only received local TV and not Sky. Just get rid of it. No TV would be better.
3. On the day of check out the cleaner had started piling her cleaning equipment at the back door well before 10am. This made us feel very rushed and unwelcome and was downright rude.
These were really only minor gripes (apart from the garage) but colored our experience somewhat. On balance would I stay there again? Probably. The good outweighed the bad.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Across the Esplanade from Lake Wakatipu, these luxury 3-bedroom villas are perfect for any season. Downtown Queenstown, with all its restaurants and shops is only a short five-minute stroll along the lake shore. Fabulous for those with young children as there is a playground in the park directly in front of the complex and each villa has its own private courtyard – which allows children to play outside yet be off the road and safe from traffic and if travelling by car, a private garage at the back of the villa it very easy to drop groceries (and the children) at the back door before putting the car away for the night! Inside; enjoy a bottle of local Pinot Noir in front of the large gas fire in the sitting room, dine alfresco in the courtyard or relax and soak up the holiday feel in Queenstown in the large bath in the master en-suite bathroom overlooking the lake...Each villa's ground floor comprises a fully equipped kitchen, dining and sitting room with a large flat screen TV, DVD/CD player and radio. TV coverage is digital Sky with all channels available for viewing. Upstairs, the three bedrooms: - master bedroom with its own en-suite bathroom and other two bedrooms with shared second bathroom. A maximum of 6 guests can be accommodated with a bed configuration to suit 4 singles OR 3 couples OR 2 couples and 2 singles. Also available, upon request are portacots, high chairs and stair safety-gates if travelling with infants (POA). Each villa also has a laundry with washing machine and dryer, iron and ironing board.No keys are required for the villas - access is by digital key-pad, making access easy, simple and convenient. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Esplanade Queenstown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.