“Great Value! -Awesome Value.”

The Rees Hotel & Luxury Apartments
Ranked #9 of 57 Hotels in Queenstown
Canada / New Zealand (Saskatoon / Havelock North)
“Great Value! -Awesome Value.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2009

Stayed here for Valentines Day ,

Great place! - Can't fault it at all. Good value , Amazing views.

Queenstown is amazing as well! , Enjoyed everything about our stay!

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (647)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Bundaberg Queensland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2009

The Rees Hotel was an absolute joy to stay at. After much deliberation I chose the Rees for our family holiday in Queenstown. The staff answered promptly and efficiently my many many emails regarding the accommodation.

Once there they could not do enough for us, any request was met with a smile and booking our activities was as simple as picking up the phone to reception.

The rooms were absolutely delightful with the most magnificent views of the lake and surrounding mountains. A lovely part of each day was sitting in the library overlooking the lake and enjoying a cappuccino and freshly made scone going through the wonderful array of old books.

Mark Rose the GM would always be available for a chat and recommendations on golf courses and local trips. We are certainly looking forward to our next trip to Queenstown and will definately be staying at the Rees, and have recommended it to everyone we have spoken to. Thank you for a truely all rounded experience.

• Liked — Friendliness of staff
  • Stayed December 2008
The Woodlands, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2008

My husband and I spent two weeks traveling the South Islands and Australia. We have to say that this was the best hotel. The place was immaculate and the view from the balcony was outstanding. The bed was ever so comfortable and the full size kitchen was a joy. Wish we could have stayed longer.

• Liked — Classy and fantastic view
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2008

We stayed in a two bedroom apartment. I was just about to type "facing the lake", but all rooms face the lake. Type "Lake Wakatipu" in Google and the pictures you'll get facing The Remarkables are the view from your room.
It was just perfect, down to the wine glasses.
I'm not going to say much more, because the website is telling the truth. Belive everything they say.
The next stage was in construction, which must be quite taxing to the staff, but they they were just as they should be in a establishment of this caliber.
Only one thing, the TV-sound system system needs some adjustments from their part, but I' sure once the teething problems are ironed out, all will be good. To listed to your iPod, you need an RCA-3.5 mm jack cable, not provided by the hotel, and need to plug it in the control box under the TV table, you need to kneel and do a bit of yoga, plug it in one of the avialble inputs and off you go.

• Liked — Comfort
  • Disliked — TV-sound system
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
Dunedin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2008

Had two nights here whilst in town for business.

A good quality room with a large well lit desk space that I could use my laptop and had space for all the paperwork I seem to accumulate.

• Liked — Space in the room
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled on business
Brisbane
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2008

We were in Queenstown for a weeks skiing and had the best time. There had been fresh snow, sunshine, I think we encountered every weather possible which just added to the fun.

Our room at the Rees was magnificent, its was all brand new and top quality. The bed was one of the most comfortable I have slept in. We did have a problem where our gas fire wouldn't work one morning, but when we returned it was going and was fine from then on.

Its a little bit out of town, but a taxi in was only $10 which was fine between the four of us for a night out. Saying that I don't think I would stay here if I didn't have a car.

We are looking forward to going back next year.

• Liked — The stuuf in the room
  • Disliked — Abit out of town
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with friends
Ledzep25
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2008

I was recommended to stay at The Rees by a friend. They told me that I wouldn't be disappointed by the establishment, and I have to agree. Sure, there is contruction work going on, but from my room on the top level of the first phase I found minimal disruption from noise and activity. Basically, I was in Queenstown to ski, not to lie in my bed all day. Staff told us that the majority of the construction work would be complete by Christmas.

The Rees has an extensive wine cellar and a huge, warm recpetion area and lounge. Staff were good and made us feel at home in the recption area. They even made us coffees on the house whenever we came in to say hi. There is a good gym and sauna as well.

The room was great, we had a two bedroom apartment (F516) which was very spacious. The beds and pillows are very comfortable as well. While there is some disruption from building work, once this place is finished will be very unique.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple