We stayed at The Rees apartments for four days in July and thoroughly enjoyed our stay (apart from our meal at the restaurant). The apartments are tastefully decorated to the highest standards and were kitted out with everything you could possible need. We particularly loved having a washing machine and dryer and the living flame fire was lovely on a Winter's evening. The concierge (British) was very helpful and assisted us with activities, the check in and check out very efficient. The shuttle bus was a nice to have option, but the stroll down the riverside to the centre of Queenstown wasn't a problem. The only downside was the hotel's restaurant which was absolutely dreadful. The service was pathetic and the food awful. Having pre-booked our table, we were shown a seat in a tiny, atmosphere less room and given water, we had to ask (some 20 minutes later) for a 'proper' drink, another 20 minutes later we asked to order. After another 20 minutes we were given an amuse bouche from the Chef which was just plopped down on the table. I called the waiter back to ask what it was, and was told it was a deep fried pigs ear- not great for a vegetarian. When I told him this, he simply giggled and walked away leaving it in front of me. The next two courses followed the same pattern. The food was over salted and over priced. We left prior to the desert arriving. If you want a good meal, go into town to the Botswana Butchery!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Rees Hotel and Luxury Apartments Queenstown is the new gateway to the True South. We welcome you to enjoy the ultimate Queenstown accommodation experience and savor the rich heritage, vibrant culture and diverse attractions of New Zealand’s glorious Queenstown and Southern Lakes District. The Rees Hotel & Luxury Apartments Queenstown offers luxury accommodation on the edge of Lake Wakatipu, looking out to The Remarkable Mountains. The Rees Hotel is conveniently located to Queenstown Airport and a short drive away from the centre of Queenstown, and central to the wide range of high quality, year-round attractions and activities offered by Queenstown and the broader Southern Lakes District. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Rees Hotel & Luxury Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Rees Hotel And Luxury Apartments
- Rees Hotel Queenstown
- The Rees Hotel Luxury Apartments