The bedrooms are small. Our friends and I booked a 2 bed lake view apartment overlooking the lake (room 309 1). The room was very clean and bright, spotlessly clean too. For us we found the bedrooms far too small, there is nowhere to put your case other than on the floor, then you have problems walking around the bed. There are wardrobes, but sometimes when staying for only a few days you dont always want to unpack. There is no bath in this room and the shower floor when wet is very slippery. There is also only one bathroom in this apartment despite being for 4 people.
You cannot just access the spa, everything has to be booked well in advance as there are no on-site personnel.
Breakfast is good and has a good range of food with hot options cooked to order accommodating any dietary requirements, the opening hours are 6:30 - 11:00 so no need to dash out of bed. Otherwise dinner menu is good but quite expensive compared to other restaurants in town.
Housekeeping good, but were on honeymoon so would like a late day sometimes and although asked not to be disturbed before 10am, have been woken at 9am each day! Ps they warn you that if you leave your room untidy you might incur additional cleaning charges!
Staff very friendly and helpful, bus into town is very good as you are quite a way out.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Rees Hotel and Luxury Apartments Queenstown is the new gateway to the True South. We welcome you to enjoy the ultimate Queenstown accommodation experience and savor the rich heritage, vibrant culture and diverse attractions of New Zealand’s glorious Queenstown and Southern Lakes District. The Rees Hotel & Luxury Apartments Queenstown offers luxury accommodation on the edge of Lake Wakatipu, looking out to The Remarkable Mountains. The Rees Hotel is conveniently located to Queenstown Airport and a short drive away from the centre of Queenstown, and central to the wide range of high quality, year-round attractions and activities offered by Queenstown and the broader Southern Lakes District. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, HotelTravel.com and Odigeo so you can book your The Rees Hotel & Luxury Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Rees Hotel And Luxury Apartments
- Rees Hotel Queenstown
- The Rees Hotel Luxury Apartments