After booking a 3 bedroom apartment for a family holiday in October 2012 we were surprised to say the least when we arrived and there was a problem when we tried to check in. Despite the deposit being paid, the booking being made through the hotel website and a confirmation email from the hotel in October 2012-they claimed not to have a booking for my family when we arrived.The desk clerk disappeared after we tried to check in and we were left standing for 30 minutes with no information (we had already worked out there was a problem) until we asked if we could get some food while we waited. After 45 minutes the manager came out to inform us of the problem and let us know that lunch was "on the hotel as it was entirely their fault". Eventually we were put into a 2 bedroom apartment and had an extra hotel room-hotel was full due to Chinese new year so we were lucky to get anything. Lucky our 16 year old son was very happy to have his own room. Everything after that was fantastic. great hotel, the restaurant is excellent and the staff were very friendly and helpful. the shuttle service into and out of Queenstown did seem to bring out the worst in people as everyone was pushing and shoving to get on-forward booking resolved most of the problems. great views from the room sand would definitely stay again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Rees Hotel and Luxury Apartments Queenstown is the new gateway to the True South. We welcome you to enjoy the ultimate Queenstown accommodation experience and savor the rich heritage, vibrant culture and diverse attractions of New Zealand’s glorious Queenstown and Southern Lakes District. The Rees Hotel & Luxury Apartments Queenstown offers luxury accommodation on the edge of Lake Wakatipu, looking out to The Remarkable Mountains. The Rees Hotel is conveniently located to Queenstown Airport and a short drive away from the centre of Queenstown, and central to the wide range of high quality, year-round attractions and activities offered by Queenstown and the broader Southern Lakes District. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Rees Hotel & Luxury Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Rees Hotel And Luxury Apartments
- Rees Hotel Queenstown
- The Rees Hotel Luxury Apartments