Our group of 7 people stayed in a 3 bedroom apartment over the winter ski season.
We were very disappointed with the accommodation - it was nothing like the description, pictures or website, or even the other reviews. Heritage Heights are definite NOT luxury apartments – they are 2 star accommodation charged at very expensive rates considering their condition. The apartment was rundown with a number of inexcusable faults, and fitted out very cheaply with basic and inadequate furniture. Faults with the accommodation include:
- Hot water system can only hold 160L, good for 4 showers, then takes hours to reheat. Absolutely pathetic when you can't shower the 7 people the apartment is meant to accommodate after a day on the ski slopes.
- Heating system did not work properly - inexcusable in a cold climate.
- Creaking floorboards all over the top floor disrupted everyone's sleep.
- Only one double bed - all other "double" beds advertised to be in the other rooms were actually just cheap, nasty, small single beds pushed together with a sheet over the 2 mattresses. And we had to pay extra to have the beds pushed together!
- Apartments are not serviced - this costs extra, make sure you sort out servicing in your booking. We were sold a "serviced" apartment only to arrive and be told that servicing is charged at $25/hour. In 8 days, towels only were changed on day 6, all other linen was not changed, no cleaning service whatsoever.
- Despite booking for 7 people, only enough crockery and cutlery provided for 6 people.
- Kitchen is very basic – nowhere near enough utensils or appliances supplied, only basic meals can be prepared in the limited facilities.
- Washing machine was broken – very inconvenient with 7 people trying to wash ski gear every couple of days.
- Because of pathetically limited hot water supply, washing machine can only operate on cold water cycle, dishwasher can’t be used before showers.
- Very small, cramped rooms. Bedrooms cannot even fit bedside tables.
Would definitely NOT recommend this accommodation to anyone else – for the price you pay, there are much better options available in Queenstown that offer genuine luxury accommodation. If the Heritage Heights were cheap, they could be suitable as basic, budget accommodation but at their prices (especially once you include all the hidden costs that you only find out about when you check-in) these apartments are not worth staying at.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Best view and best rates in Queenstown. Fully furnished, self serviced 2 story holiday apartments, private balcony, full kitchen with dishwasher, separate laundry, SKY TV. Broadband wireless internet are extra. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Heritage Heights Holiday Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Heritage Heights Holiday Apartments Hotel Queenstown