“Our Gourmet tour was cancelled.........BUT”

Appellation Wine Tours
Exclusive Central Otago Wine Tour - departs Queenstown
Ranked #2 of 24 Food & Drink in Queenstown
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Join New Zealands award winning wine tour company and discover the wines, history and sights of New Zealand's premier cool climate wine region, Central Otago. Appellation's small group wine tours depart daily from Queenstown. With our expert guides, you will learn about wine appreciation, taste some of the region's best wines over 2 different wine sub regions. Enjoy an included delicious platter lunch with a glass of wine, and visit the historic town of Old Cromwell. In 2017 Appellation Wine Tours was awarded Gold status under the Sustainable Tourism Business criteria with Qualmark. Appellation also won the 2017 Luxury Travel Guide award and received a 2017 Certificate of Excellence from Trip Advisor.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

Initially, Desmond and I had signed up for gourmet wine tour, it got changed because one of their guide fell ill.. Disappointed at first as we changed all our itinerary just for the gourmet tour. Nonetheless, we proceeded, our guide Richard, greeted us and apologise for the change of tour. We could understand as it was unforseen circumstances. We were brought to nice vineyards and we had a cozy lunch together with the rest of the tour members. Indeed enjoyable. Richard made sure we are all well taken care of before he sat down to join us for lunch. Thumbs up. We really really enjoyed the wine tour with you guys even though it's not the gourmet tour. Truly appreciate the efforts taken to apologise to us. Guys out there! A must join tour if you are at Queenstown!

There are newer reviews for Appellation Wine Tours

Reviewed November 11, 2013

We had the most perfect day on our wine tour with Phillip and Appellation Wine Tours! Good friends, great wine, and a wonderful host in Phillip. He was knowledgeable and thought of everything to ensure we had the best experience possible. We took some friends from out of town and a few who live here in Queenstown and all thought it was a great tour and an awesome day. I have been on several wine tours and tastings in the past, but I learned a ton about the Central Otago area and finally understand why this is a great spot for winemaking. :-)

I highly recommend this Appellation Wine Tours and our wonderful host, Phillip.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

This was our first wine tour in New Zealand and it was perfection. Philip was a wonderful host, full of local knowledge about the area, the history and the wines. He took us to four different wineries, a cave tour, a walk through the vineyards and an amazing outdoor lunch. I HIGHLY recommend this tour. It's a "must do" for any visit to the south island.

Reviewed November 8, 2013

I live 30 mins from Napa Valley, CA, so I've been on my share of Wine Tours.
Phillip's tour last week was one of the best I've ever been on.
Phillip is knowledgeable, personable, and is relentless about making sure you have the absolute best experience - this tour was second to none!

Reviewed November 8, 2013

I LIVE in Queenstown, and I believed in Phillip to show me the best wineries in the area. I went out with some coworkers and friends and we had an absolutely unbelievable day. How awesome is it to have a knowledgable and awesome driver whilst you roll around and get your drank on? I'll tell you how awesome it is. Awesome dot com.