My mother and i enjoyed a wonderful stay at the Pounamu Apartments in Queenstown for Easter this year. We stayed in a one bedroom premier room with a beautiful view of the mountains and lake.
From the moment we laid eyes on the beautiful complex, we fell in love. With beautifully pedicured lawns and gardens, the hotel complex displays a very welcoming appearance. This continues into the rooms, which are kept very clean and tidy to the highest levels.
Beautiful fragrances are offered to use in the bathroom and are very specially New Zealand soaps and shampoo, conditioners.
The staff are all fantastic and adhere to any concerns immediately, always offering a conversation too.
The spa pool is set in a beautiful location, once again with mountain and lake views across lake Wakatipu.
The gas fire in our apartment was certainly appreciated, as was the underfloor heating which ensured we always arrived back to a warm home.
The kitchen facilities were phenomenal, with a gas oven ensuring that our roast was able to cook to perfection on Sunday evening.
The special Prada perfume fragrance is also a pleasant incentive when deciding where it is you may like to reside on your holidays.
The short walking distance to the town provided us with the opportunity to leave the car at the apartments and embrace a nice spot of exercise into town.
The laundry facilities are something that i have not yet encountered with a hotel complex of this calibre, but let's just say that they were greatly appreciated - particularly the dryers, as i'm sure any family would appreciate. This is particularly a great and very convenient idea for the cold Winter months when everybody will have their ski clothing that needs to be washed and dried over night.
All in all, a wonderful experience was had and we look forward to returning next time :).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Travellers' Choice(R) 2015 Winner - Voted #3 in New Zealand. Relax in style and soak up the spectacular views of Lake Wakatipu and The Remarkables in our 1 or 2 bedroom spacious, self-contained or serviced Apartments. Each Apartment has an open plan lounge, dining and full kitchen facilities, gas fire, under-floor heating, Sky TV, ensuite bathroom with shared laundry amenities. A separate office area with computer/printer/fax. Our Studio Rooms are similar to small hotel rooms with kitchenette and ensuite bathroom (NO Views). Facilities include FREE unlimited Wi-Fi Internet and FREE local calls. Complimentary secure under cover Car Park with Ski/Golf Locker, BBQ area and outside Spa Pool. We also have a "Pet Friendly" Apartment. Sleeping configuration King Beds. Single beds can be requested at the time of your booking. Just a 10 min walk to Queenstown town centre and approx 20 min drive to the ski fields makes these beautifully appointed Apartments a must for your stay.Enquire about special seasonal rates and tempting promotional offers, and at Pounamu Apartments, be assured of a warm, welcoming visit to this 'Remarkable' region. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Pounamu Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pounamu Apartments Queenstown
- Pounamu Apartments Hotel Queenstown