Stayed in queenstown for 2 nights and thoroughly enjoyed it. These apartments are about 10 minutes walk from the centre of town along the main road next to the lake. Great location. Our room was a studio and was very tiny. No cooking facilities and a small bathroom. The bed was one of the most comfy in our travels. Parking was in underground parking bays and there were many steps to get our suitcases up to our room. Probably not suitable for those with mobility issues. The rooms had shared entrance for two rooms with a laundry which was handy. The best thing about these apartments were the staff - Row was extremely helpful and friendly. We would stay here again but would pay a bit extra for a bigger room.
While in queenstown do two things - 1. Walk up the hill with the gondola, via the Tiki track. It takes a few hours up and down but it is lovely and the views are awesome. 2. Drive up the gravel track of remarkables ski area, 13 kms up to the top with some hairy corners. The views are amazing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Travellers' Choice(R) 2015 Winner - Voted #3 in New Zealand. Relax in style and soak up the spectacular views of Lake Wakatipu and The Remarkables in our 1 or 2 bedroom spacious, self-contained or serviced Apartments. Each Apartment has an open plan lounge, dining and full kitchen facilities, gas fire, under-floor heating, Sky TV, ensuite bathroom with shared laundry amenities. A separate office area with computer/printer/fax. Our Studio Rooms are similar to small hotel rooms with kitchenette and ensuite bathroom (NO Views). Facilities include FREE unlimited Wi-Fi Internet and FREE local calls. Complimentary secure under cover Car Park with Ski/Golf Locker, BBQ area and outside Spa Pool. We also have a "Pet Friendly" Apartment. Sleeping configuration King Beds. Single beds can be requested at the time of your booking. Just a 10 min walk to Queenstown town centre and approx 20 min drive to the ski fields makes these beautifully appointed Apartments a must for your stay.Enquire about special seasonal rates and tempting promotional offers, and at Pounamu Apartments, be assured of a warm, welcoming visit to this 'Remarkable' region. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Expedia, Cancelon, Hotwire, Agoda, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Pounamu Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pounamu Apartments Queenstown
- Pounamu Apartments Hotel Queenstown