We are SO glad that we stayed at the Pounamu Apartments! When we walked in to our 1 bed apt we were in awe at the gorgeous snow-capped mountain views surrounding Lake Wakatipu.
The family that runs the apartments is attentive and helpful. We ran out of ink in the printer, Glen came up with it that day. They even provided fresh milk for coffee upon arrival!
The 1beds and 2 beds Apartments all have lake and mt views I believe. Very modern and stylish, but really cozy! The stone fireplace adds such nice warmth. Kitchen is fully stocked so it's really like having your own place in Queenstown.
It is a good 10 min walk to town. But with mountain and lake views, was a nice stroll. Also, if you book rooms or tours directly with Pounamu, they give nice presents like perfume and wine respectively.
Highly recommend this place, and also more value for money than staying directly in the center of town. Being able to prepare some meals and drinks in the comforts of your own apt makes the Queenstown experience more enjoyable (plus saves $$ with the high price of eating out in Queenstown)!
We'll be back at Pounamou for sure!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Travellers' Choice(R) 2015 Winner - Voted #3 in New Zealand. Relax in style and soak up the spectacular views of Lake Wakatipu and The Remarkables in our 1 or 2 bedroom spacious, self-contained or serviced Apartments. Each Apartment has an open plan lounge, dining and full kitchen facilities, gas fire, under-floor heating, Sky TV, ensuite bathroom with shared laundry amenities. A separate office area with computer/printer/fax. Our Studio Rooms are similar to small hotel rooms with kitchenette and ensuite bathroom (NO Views). Facilities include FREE unlimited Wi-Fi Internet and FREE local calls. Complimentary secure under cover Car Park with Ski/Golf Locker, BBQ area and outside Spa Pool. We also have a "Pet Friendly" Apartment. Sleeping configuration King Beds. Single beds can be requested at the time of your booking. Just a 10 min walk to Queenstown town centre and approx 20 min drive to the ski fields makes these beautifully appointed Apartments a must for your stay.Enquire about special seasonal rates and tempting promotional offers, and at Pounamu Apartments, be assured of a warm, welcoming visit to this 'Remarkable' region. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Travelocity, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Swiss-Belsuites Pounamu Queenstown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pounamu Apartments Queenstown
- Pounamu Apartments Hotel Queenstown