We rented a 1 bed upper floor apartment for 7 nights this March (2013). We wanted to have a rest from travelling, do washing etc as well as explore the area from a base.
We found the modern apartment very comfortable ( great bed!) and well equipped - towels, dressing gowns, computer, printer, dishwasher, washing machine,TV, video etc etc. Free wifi ( not always the case in NZ). Free parking under the apartments. We had a fantastic view over The Remarkables - we were in Block C ( there are three blocks) - relaxing with a drink on the balcony watching the sun go down was great. The staff were very friendly and helpful and nothing was too much trouble. You can choose the level of servicing you want as well. And all a 10/15 minute walk from Queenstown centre.
Two downsides depending on your tolerance level - the apartments front the main road, so expect some road noise, but its not that bad! Our 1 bed apartment also had a studio apartment at its back facing into the site( once the second bedroom of the whole apartment I suspect) and so you share a joint front door/vestibule ( where the washing machine and tumbler drier are also located) , so depending who is next door may make for an interesting experience- i.e. if you have noisy neighbours you will notice. We didn't so we were OK.
However, overall I'd rate the apartments as a great place to stay and use as a base for exploring the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Travellers' Choice(R) 2015 Winner - Voted #3 in New Zealand. Relax in style and soak up the spectacular views of Lake Wakatipu and The Remarkables in our 1 or 2 bedroom spacious, self-contained or serviced Apartments. Each Apartment has an open plan lounge, dining and full kitchen facilities, gas fire, under-floor heating, Sky TV, ensuite bathroom with shared laundry amenities. A separate office area with computer/printer/fax. Our Studio Rooms are similar to small hotel rooms with kitchenette and ensuite bathroom (NO Views). Facilities include FREE unlimited Wi-Fi Internet and FREE local calls. Complimentary secure under cover Car Park with Ski/Golf Locker, BBQ area and outside Spa Pool. We also have a "Pet Friendly" Apartment. Sleeping configuration King Beds. Single beds can be requested at the time of your booking. Just a 10 min walk to Queenstown town centre and approx 20 min drive to the ski fields makes these beautifully appointed Apartments a must for your stay.Enquire about special seasonal rates and tempting promotional offers, and at Pounamu Apartments, be assured of a warm, welcoming visit to this 'Remarkable' region. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Swiss-Belsuites Pounamu Queenstown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pounamu Apartments Queenstown
- Pounamu Apartments Hotel Queenstown