“Adrenalin junky intro”

Kawarau Bridge Zipline Experience from Queenstown
$122.95*
The Ledge - Queenstown's Sky Swing
More attraction details
Owner description: AJ Hackett Bungy is the world pioneer of commercial Bungy Jumping. It all started in Queenstown, New Zealand in 1988, and since then they have become an established World Leader in the Tourism Industry. Recognised for an innovative, and “outside the square” style, AJ Hackett Bungy is continually looking towards new ventures and pushing industry boundaries. Their professional crew, high operating standards, training schemes and procedures ensure an impeccable safety record.
Reviewed January 25, 2014

A fantastic introduction to bungy. Great viewing platform for the watchers. Our teenagers went head first for a dunk in the river. Pretty location, very professional staff with a great sense of humor.

AJHackettB, Front Office Manager at AJ Hackett Bungy New Zealand, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2014

Thanks for the review - Awesome that your teenagers enjoyed their first Bungy.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,625)

Reviewed January 24, 2014

I honestly have no words. This swing has ruined any other death defying activity I try!!! The staff were awesome, the Swing dude was so friendly and so patient!!! It was the best fun!

One word though for future swingers! You have to do it upside down!! Do it upside down the FIRST TIME!! Yes its scary as anything, but you so wont ever regret it!

Hi Jodi - Sounds like you had an amazing time on the Nevis Swing. Thanks for the review!

Reviewed January 24, 2014

I have to admit, the day before I did this Bungy Jump I did the Nevis Swing and I think because of that, my opinion of this is different to what it may have been had I not done the Swing.
I am an old woman, trying to live life in this fat old body I've been given until it gives out on me! Live life while its still yours to live, and I think sometimes people at these attractions form an opinion on a customer based on what they look like and then treat you accordingly.
All the Staff at this attraction were amazing, and I am so disappointed that my experience with this was outbalanced by the actions and words of one person. But in a state of high anxiety and thrill, that's the thing that stays in your mind!
I am overweight, and did discuss with the staff if this would be suitable for me, as having talked to the Nevis Bungy people the day before they advised me against the Nevis Jump hence me doing this jump.
The staff were just lovely talking to me about a sensitive subject such as my weight and I really appreciated it.
The young guy that strapped me in was also so nice. Very friendly and made fun conversation with me while strapping me in. I was quiet confident with my jumping right through this process, I have no fear of heights and have jumped off heaps of stuff previously.
As I was ushered to the ledge though, the jump master was really rushing me through. I appreciate the jump master has done this a million times and its no big deal, but this is my first time and it was a big deal to me!!
Without even allowing me to get in the "zone" he is ok 3.2. jump. I was concerned about my feet straps, they were quiet loose and I tried to ask him if this was normal. Rather than answering me he said just jump there are people waiting!!! As in New Zealand, you sign your life away before making these jumps and there is a "No Liability" due to shoddy workmanship, his response didn't give me the reassurance I was looking for, So I kept hold of the rail until I felt safe and asked the question again. The guy that strapped me in then came up and reassured me that as I jumped the straps would tighten. He then took my hand from the rail gently and placed it above me head in the dive position. This got me back in the zone until the jump master started in on me again and not jumping. I said to him just shut up for a second and let me get back in the zone. He gave me some time then which allowed me to rezone myself and take the jump! Perfect dive I might say, very proud of that!!!
I asked to touch the water, but didn't go anywhere near it and was lowered in the boat to safety.

I can now say that yes I have Bungyed. But honestly, for the same money and a much much bigger thrill, do the Nevis Swing upside down!!! Do it upside down the first time, You wont be disappointed. Everything after that will be the disappointment!!!

4  Thank MummaD68
AJHackettB, Director of Sales at AJ Hackett Bungy New Zealand, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2014

Hi Jodi,
Firstly, thank you for your feedback and we are very pleased to hear what a fantastic experience you had on the Nevis Swing. We here at AJ Hackett Bungy, pride ourselves on giving our customers the best possible experience on each and every one of our products. We sincerely apologise that you were treated in such a manner and didn’t enjoy your Bungy. We can assure you we will be using your feedback to improve our customer’s experience and have passed your feedback onto our teams.
Additionally, you might be pleased to know that the Jump Operator you dealt with no longer works with us.
Thank you for taking the time to let us know your thoughts, we hope you had a fantastic trip to New Zealand.

Reviewed January 24, 2014 via mobile

Being a bit of an adrenalin junkie (having done the usual suspects - skydiving, hang gliding etc) I'll unreservedly say for sheer second for second terror but fun this is one of the best extreme experiences I've done.

Forget the cost and just do it, it's unreal and do intense - walking to the edge, the massive acceleration, heading at breakneck speed straight for the ground. Magic!

HI Laurent - thanks for the review! Great to hear that your Bungy gave you the adrenaline you obviously crave.

Reviewed January 22, 2014 via mobile

So fun, but probably the scariest experience of my life. Highly recommend it for anyone wanting to bungy jump but are too nrevous to do the Nevis. The staff were super friendly, even when I had my minor freak out, they were patient and friendly. The photos were expensive but they're totally worth it

AJHackettB, Front Office Manager at AJ Hackett Bungy New Zealand, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2014

Hi Sarah - thanks for the wonderful review and great comments about our friendly crew!