“I simply had to jump...”

AJ Hackett Bungy New Zealand
New Zealand's Biggest Swing: Nevis Swing Queenstown
$119.63*
Auckland Harbour Bridge Bungy Jump
More attraction details
Owner description: AJ Hackett Bungy is the world pioneer of commercial Bungy Jumping. It all started in Queenstown, New Zealand in 1988, and since then they have become an established World Leader in the Tourism Industry. Recognised for an innovative, and “outside the square” style, AJ Hackett Bungy is continually looking towards new ventures and pushing industry boundaries. Their professional crew, high operating standards, training schemes and procedures ensure an impeccable safety record.
Melbourne, Australia
39 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“I simply had to jump...”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

I'd planned to do the bungy at the Kawarau Bridge last year however my myotherapist somehow talked me out of it so I ended up doing the canyon swing instead and loved it!

Anyway, I had to do it on my return this year! For the past year, all I kept hearing from my mates is: "You can't go to Queenstown and not do the bungy!".

So.. yeah I had to jump, I simply had to and what an amazing experience it was!... Awesome! The guys at Kawarau Bridge HQ are very nice and fun. There are merchandise and souvenir that you can buy. They've also got a cafe and bar if you want to grab a drink or a bite.

Make sure you get one of their coins from the machine on your way to the toilets. From memory, it's about $2 and so worth it.. I look at mine everyday!

Visited February 2013
AJHackettB, Public Relations Manager at AJ Hackett Bungy New Zealand, responded to this review, February 17, 2013
Hi Kevin - that's great you visited Queenstown again and took your mates advice to do a bungy this time!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 58 helpful votes
“Amazing fun!”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Ok, so I did not bungy jump and would never jump. That said, I spent an amazing two hours watching others take the plunge. It's a great place to have a coffee and live vicariously.

Visited February 2013
AJHackettB, Public Relations Manager at AJ Hackett Bungy New Zealand, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Hi - thanks for your feedback. Glad that you enjoyed hanging at our Bungy Centre!
mt Hotham
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Adrenaline rush :)”
Reviewed February 9, 2013

I did a tandem jump with my friend! We were super scared but after the initial freefall we were loving it and cracking up laughing! We both really wanted to jump again! Jordan did an AMAZING job with our pics and video!! The whole crew were fun and having us on :)

Visited February 2013
Thanks for your review - glad you and your friend had a great tandem and loved your pics and video. We have recently upgraded our photo and video system at the Kawarau so it is great to hear feedback like yours on it.
New Delhi, India
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Wonderful Experience with superb pictures”
Reviewed February 9, 2013

When I decided to do the bungy, it was clear that I would do it at Kawarau Bridge. Its a 43m jump and the experience is worth it. I've done skydiving, hang gliding, however Bungy is very different. All you do is jump, don't think just jump, the crew recommended jumping straight as it was my first time, however the experience was amazing and I would definitely recommend this to everyone going to Queenstown. After the jump, at the base camp you can have a look at the pictures and trust me the pictures are very good quality. I also got a certificate which said I did It, along with a T-Shirt. They also offer options of DVD, USB or online for pictures & video. I recommend gathering both pictures & dvd as you can then cherish the adrenaline rush again by watching them. The staff was kind and friendly. A tip for first timers, don't think, on the count of 3, just jump and enjoy.

Visited January 2013
Hi - thanks for your review and feedback. We have recently upgraded our Photo and Video at the Kawarau so it is great to hear such positive feedback like yours about the quality of it - thanks!
Bristol, United Kingdom
50 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 71 helpful votes
“Well worth it”
Reviewed February 5, 2013

The original and best. There's something so nice about jumping above water, and dipping your head in at the bottom is a nice bonus. I have to say that I never thought I'd do a bungy (though no problems with skydiving) but am very glad I did! All you have to do is jump...

Visited March 2012
AJHackettB, Public Relations Manager at AJ Hackett Bungy New Zealand, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Well said! Thanks for your review.