“Dinner stop”
Review of Blue Duck Cafe & Bar - CLOSED

Blue Duck Cafe & Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Description: Situated at the heart of Milford Sound Village, Blue Duck Café & Bar provides a welcoming environment to settle in and enjoy some famous Fiordland hospitality, served with spectacular views.Enjoy a steaming espresso and light snack or an extensive, tasty lunch buffet. Buy a freshly made sandwich or roll for your Milford Sound adventure.After dusk try our hearty Southern pub fare paired with a Monteiths beer or a great New Zealand wine from our extensive wine list.For your convenience there is also an information desk and free booking service from our local staff, together with a small selection of souvenirs and essential traveller items.
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Dinner stop”
Reviewed October 31, 2012

There is no where else to eat in Milford Sound! however, the food was good and staff friendly and polite. despite being the only food for literally miles around, the prices were very fair

Visited October 2012
SouthernDisc, Manager at Blue Duck Cafe & Bar, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Hello and thank you for taking the time to post a review.

We appreciate you comments and we are continuously working to provide high quality and standards for all our customers which visit Milford Sound.

• Korean first
Lincoln, United Kingdom
“Ham panini = sickness & diarrhoea!”
Reviewed October 29, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I visited this cafe hungry on our arrival to Milford Sound; I chose the ham panini which arrived not looking appealing (soggy, chopped pieces of meat, very melted cheese, no visible relish or basil). I knew at the time I should have complained but being 17 weeks pregnant and needing to eat I tucked in regardless. It was way too hot to eat at first as though it had been microwaved as opposed to put on a grill/toasted, before bed I developed a terrible headache and then at 3am I only just made it out of our tent in time to throw up and make my way to the bathroom. Proceding this were 3 hours of awful symptoms (I'll spare the details) but I was NOT well and NOT one bit impressed as I am pregnant and need to be careful with hygiene/food etc.

We had to pay for a night in a cabin at Milford Sound Lodge as a result of me being ill/not sleeping as a result of being ill; a cost which we had not anticipated nor expected. We would not return nor recommend this place. I wish I'd spoken to someone while I was there face to face.

Hello and Thank you for taking the time to bring this to my attention.

I deeply regret the bad experience which you encountered at the Blue Duck Cafe and Bar.
We pride ourselves on our high standards and food safety. This is the first time an incident like this has been brought to my attention and I am investigation this issue..I am deeply apologetic about your experience.

This has been brought to the attention of my Head Chef who is ensuring an incident like this will not occur again.

Dunedin, New Zealand
“great food”
Reviewed October 24, 2012

excellent service and great food. did dinner and breakfast. had a TV to watch the rugby. service was quick and the waitress verry friendly.

Visited October 2012
Hello and Thank you for taking the time to post this comment.

I will be sure to pass on all your great comments to the team.

Perth, Australia
“Sorry but it was baaad”
Reviewed October 19, 2012

Can't comment on the food; we arrived desperate for a coffee, but even tho parched we couldn't drink what we had. Plus outrageous prices. Plus rude service. Hard to imagine such a special part of the world can't get this simple thing right. With those views, they really need a barista&some manners.

• Visited September 2012
Hi and thank you for taking the time to write a review.

I am extremely sorry about the service which you received. It has brought to the attention of the Cafe manager and she has dealt with this issue. I apologies for the coffee which you received, our team are continuously undergoing training to ensure a high standard and quality for our customers.

“So much potential!”
Reviewed October 8, 2012 via mobile

This little place could be great, it just needs a little TLC. Someone needs to spend a little money and make it into a nice cosy alpine style cafe and restaurant/bar. A little class would go a long way. The food was okay, not great, but okay. The staff were trying their best, so that's all you can ask.

Hello and thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are continuously trying to enhance our customers experience and take these comments on board.