Review Highlights
Wonderful experience

The trip was a magical experience. Staff very friendly & knowledgable. The boat trip & bus journey... read more

Reviewed 6 days ago
Rubytaveller50
Christchurch, New Zealand
via mobile
Awesome

Overnight boat trip into the Milford Sounds Fantastic, spent lots of time outside staring up at... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago

from $58.08
from $94.84
from $58.08
1,876 results
All reviews milford mariner overnight cruise milford wanderer new zealand nature cruise the bus tasman sea te anau slide show next morning doubtful sound nature guide tender boat south island boat trip fur seals boarded the boat
Selected filters
Reviewed November 16, 2015 via mobile

This was my 2nd trip out on the sound. It truly is a site to admire! Wife and I did the 1:35 pm cruise on 11/16. The cruise was good, the MC was knowledgeable and provided good insight. Very personable and a strong contributor to their team. Great that they had an indoor seating area as it rained (I think they said 200+ days of some rain). They did find a humpback whale, a few penguins, and some seals ( I think the seals are always there). There were a fair number of people on the boat but was to crowded except around the wildlife. I would take this trip again with real journeys.

Reviewed November 16, 2015

Please book in advance and use the coupon code to get discount. There is a free travel book with coupons at the arrival in airport. The bus was very nice and perfect for viewing the nature on the ride. Our guide cum driver was very good and let us know every detail of the journey. Cruise was 45 minutes and was stunning. We were lucky to get a view of penguins. Please pack lunch ahead or can buy lunch at the cafe in Te Anau. Lunch on cruise is $17 expensive for a sandwich,Apple,cookie and juice.

Date of experience: October 2015
1  Thank ak2931
Reviewed November 15, 2015

We did not take the coach, as we had already rented a car and wanted to travel at our own pace. We went at the beginning of their winter. Even though it was crisp outside, the cruise was beautiful. Surprisingly, I enjoyed the gorgeous ride into Milford from Te Anua more than the actual cruise. I would suggest looking into doing a heli or airplane tour of Milford in order to really grasp the majesty of this sound. The cruise tour itself was entertaining and insightful, but viewing Milford from sea level just didn't seem that satisfying. Going in winter limited our time there and back due to the amount of daylight, so if you want to do anything along the way I would suggest staying over around Milford or go during a season with more daylight.

Date of experience: June 2015
Reviewed November 15, 2015 via mobile

My husband and I enjoyed an overnight cruise on the Milford Mariner and what an experience it was! The scenic coach trip down to the Sound was enhanced by driver Craig's informative and hilarious commentary. The scenery and wildlife are SPECTACULAR. The cabins are simple but comfortable. The food is generous and delicious. The onboard wildlife expert ensured guests were well informed. If possible, fly out of Milford by plane or helicopter......amazing!

Reviewed November 11, 2015

We have had a bus ride from Queenstown to Milford Sound, during this drive we have had a very nice and funny bus driver who told us a lot about the surroundings. Furthermore we have had plenty of stops to go to the toilet and/or take pictures.

After the drive we went on the cruise and saw a lot of really nice nature and waterfalls, next to nature we also saw penguins and seals. While on the tour we had a very friendly guide who told a lot about what we saw and the history.