“Best Platter in town”

Ranked #5 of 104 Restaurants in Invercargill
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 27, 2014

We have been here many times to share a bottle of wine and a antipasto platter. The platter is huge and great value for money. Lots on it to satisfice two people. It has a great selection of the traditional offerings but also a few extra goodies like salmon and mussels and a roasted garlic clove. Will be back for a platter soon.

Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

Lunch date today, great service, atmosphere and food primo could'nt ask for more when on a hour lunch. Chicken salad the best!

Reviewed July 19, 2014

I wanted to buy a special meal for a group of people in Invercargill. Unfortunately, few business owners in Invercargill seem willing to deal with advance phone or online orders. Also, many of the restaurants have limited opening hours and the ones with good food tend to have the kind of trendy atmosphere where the staff seem to think it is their job to make some customers feel unwelcome. The Rocks was the only restaurant I found where the staff seemed professional and friendly over the phone and were willing to deal with a rather complicated advance order situation. They really went the extra mile.

The meal and service were excellent. Portions were generous and the atmosphere was friendly and welcoming.

1  Thank bzz77
Reviewed July 17, 2014

Lunched here and had the best service, wine and food! Love that you can have 2 oysters done 3 ways at a reasonable price for a light lunch! I so want to be able to make that delectable sauce on the Garlic Prawns it is so so YUMMY!

Reviewed June 28, 2014

We dined with friends. The restaurant, whilst hidden in an arcade is lovely and has good ambience. I ordered the venison, my friends ordered the lamb and my husband ordered the pork. My friend commented on his lamb being 'melt in the mouth.' My husband said his pork meal was lovely and my venison meal was amazing! If there were any improvements it might be that the kumera did get quite sweet with the honey glaze after the first few pieces. We also had dessert and my friends had the crumble which they said was incredible and I had the black cherry bread and butter pudding.....and this ain't no ordinary bread and butter pudding!! It was DIVINE! A chocolate and black cherry party in your mouth!!!

We will definitely return. The meal was reasonably pricy so expect fine dining prices, but, we thoroughly enjoyed it.