“Bad”

Ranked #86 of 101 Restaurants in Invercargill
Cuisines: Chinese
“Bad”
Reviewed April 26, 2014 via mobile

There was hair in the food when I went to go in to the buffet thay are very rude we went there again this other time and there was like no food left just cold left overs there kids were runing around it was so bad I didt feel comfortable at all

2 Thank Te Maia H

• Korean first
West New York, New Jersey
“Yes the buffet is cheap, but there's a reason for that.”
Reviewed April 24, 2014

My food safety tutor at the Souther Institute of Technology sent me here to see how things should not be done. What can I say? This has to be the worst dining experience in Invercargill. The food is atrocious, the decor is gaudy and the service is non-existent (unless you count the staff watching you at the buffet). Like one of the above reviews, I was subject to young family members playing games in the restaurant, which was annoying. The food was quite old, I would go as far as saying it was cooked the night before and reheated. So if you don't mind harassment from staff, sitting in some sort of decorator's nightmare and a case of salmonella if the price is cheap, this may be the place for you. Myself, I'll head to the other side of town to the Da Vinci's lunchtime buffet.

• Visited April 2014
5 Thank jinx842014
Invercargill, New Zealand
“Don't bother”
Reviewed July 27, 2013

Decor dated, carpet thread bare, staff not in restaurant attire, dirty looking, food yuck. I wouldn't go there normally, but went with others. Got what I expected. There are better choices in town, go there.

If you had to go there, order off menu, not buffet. Been sitting there for ages, looks sad, tastes the same.

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank GTG2
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Too long of waiting for the food”
Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

Had been here trying few times, the food is good especially the Hot & Spicy Beef, but this time the service is terrible, theres only 3 tables in the shop that day, our table had wait for the food about 45 minutes!! The frustrated thing was we saw the table came after us had going to finish their dishes but ours still up yet! Disappointed very much!

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Prescilla C
Perth, Australia
“Takeaway”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

My husband fancied Chinese food. We walked in to order take away. I had to walk straight out again. They had just cleaned and the smell of the disinfectant (or something) was so overpowering it actually made me ill.
I figured 'at least it is clean!'
My husband wasn't effected as badly so he stayed in and ordered. Sadly.
The food was terrible. We had ordered sweet and sour pork and lemon chicken, which as you expect was battered. The oil in the batter was so excessive that it soaked the bag completely. The batter was that thick and stodgy and greasy that my husband started to break it off and then found he could not even locate any meat in much of it. The rice tasted unusually of cinnamon but at least I found it eatable but my husband gave up in disgust and went a bought a pizza.
Thank goodness that was more pleasant.
It's unlikely that I will be in Invercargill again but if I ever was, I'd steer clear of this eatery.

• Visited February 2013