“Takeaway”

Hong Kong Restaurant
Ranked #90 of 107 Restaurants in Invercargill
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed March 26, 2013

My husband fancied Chinese food. We walked in to order take away. I had to walk straight out again. They had just cleaned and the smell of the disinfectant (or something) was so overpowering it actually made me ill.
I figured 'at least it is clean!'
My husband wasn't effected as badly so he stayed in and ordered. Sadly.
The food was terrible. We had ordered sweet and sour pork and lemon chicken, which as you expect was battered. The oil in the batter was so excessive that it soaked the bag completely. The batter was that thick and stodgy and greasy that my husband started to break it off and then found he could not even locate any meat in much of it. The rice tasted unusually of cinnamon but at least I found it eatable but my husband gave up in disgust and went a bought a pizza.
Thank goodness that was more pleasant.
It's unlikely that I will be in Invercargill again but if I ever was, I'd steer clear of this eatery.

2  Thank Kolanda

Reviewed January 10, 2013

We went for the lunch buffet. I found the food was okay nothing spectacular. Prices were reasonable considering you eat as much as u llike. Been a few times so not that bad.

Reviewed August 31, 2012

My family and I always come to the HONG KONG . Its cheap, you help yourself , eat as much as you like .

Reviewed April 2, 2012

We always actually go here when we get really tired walking around town. Food is lovely. I just wish they have monthly flavor assessment to improve food taste.

Reviewed August 1, 2011

Dined here for lunch on day of arrival. Happened on by chance, set price for all you can eat BUT signs all over restaurant saying if you waste food you must pay for it, which I thought a little cheeky seeing as it is an ALL you can eat at one price restaurant. Besides that, the food was delicious, all hot and fresh, staff a little slow but friendly nonetheless. Visited several times during my stay.