“Best Food in Invercargill”

Elegance at 148 on Elles
Ranked #4 of 100 Restaurants in Invercargill
Cuisines: European, New Zealand
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Best Food in Invercargill”
Reviewed June 1, 2013

Briliant, tasty food, friendly staff and great atmosphere. I had the Beef Fillet and my fiancee had the sirloin steak. Both were cooked to perfection.

• Visited June 2013

Greymouth, New Zealand
“love by food”
Reviewed May 15, 2013

The service ,food was beautifully cooked and presented .Staff pleasant and not in your face.The chef came to visit the table which was a nice touch. would visit this again.

Visited May 2013
Invercargill, New Zealand
“Nice servive and atmosphere”
Reviewed April 27, 2013

Brilliant service, nice meal, the chips were a bit over done but apart from that it was a very pleasant experience

• Visited April 2013
Invercargill, New Zealand
“a lovely night out”
Reviewed April 13, 2013

The service was just great. Menu is small which I love, and the food is very very good quality. Lots of local produce with oysters (in season) and good portion sizes. A lovely dinner all round.

• Visited April 2013
Alexandria, Virginia
“Elegance at 148 was our favorite restaurant anywhere on the South Island”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

My wife and I had our 'fancy' dinner at 148 on Elles on the evening of February 18, 2013. We had been travelling in New Zealand for over 8 days and the relaxed atmosphere at 148 was a wonderful break from the hustle of our travels all over the south island. Our server, who was also the owner (with her husband, the chef) was kind and gentle.

Wine selection was good and desert exceeded our expectations. I had the venison and my wife had the rack of lamb. Both were delicious and quality was just was I expected for the price. It is a little pricey, but if you want to treat yourself to a great experience, I recommend 148.

• Visited February 2013