“Very Average” 4 of 5 bubbles

Cobb & Co.
Ranked #69 of 98 Restaurants in Invercargill
Cuisines: Bar
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Riverton, New Zealand
“Very Average”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

Went here with little ones after a day out shopping. Both being 7 they wanted to go because of the playroom. Their meals were good for children's meals but mine was AVERAGE. . Staff were very pleasant. So many good places to et in Invercargill won't be coming back.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Molly317

Tauranga, New Zealand
“Nice surprise and value for my money”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2013

On the evening of the 23rd of March 2013 my wife & I had what has turned out to be the BEST dinning experience of an extended South Island holiday. The staff at the Invercargill Cobb & Co could not be faulted. The food was above my expectations. I am an old chef, I know what to expect & have been known to demand it. We were so well looked after that my pants got so tight I could hardly get my wallet out to pay. I will be back, but I fear that the staff have set the bar too high for anyone else.
I waited until we had finished our holiday to write this in case we found a better place, sadly we did not find a place that ticked all the boxes as well as this restaurant. If I was to really try and find a fault ( nit picking ) maybe the speed of the service could be looked at, BUT then I would not have had time to enjoy the atmosphere and the fine food along with the wonderful staff.

• Visited March 2013
Irish in Australia
“Service badly let them down”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

Had the potential to be great the menu looked great, it was relatively busy, they even had a mini set menu but the staff really let them down. The hostess was on a power trip & couldn't make a recommendation on wine or explain what beer was on tap (for non kiwis listing out the local beers is not as helpful as saying its a lager or pilsener!) - I pity the young girl she was training!! Most staff members were only interested in taking additional drinks orders, no one asked about our food or checked if we needed anything apart from more drinks.

In fairness our young brunette waitress was tried hard despite being run off her feet taking all the orders, bringing out food etc she was polite & accomodating. I'm sorry I didn't get her name to thank her.

The food was mixed - the fish of the day was completely overcooked & cold, the lamb was barely edible while the coach burger & steak were good. Our deserts were completely wrong - kitchen error explained our very embarrassed waitress chocolate sundae instead of caramel, apple crumble instead of apple shortcake. Locals seemed to be sticking with the basics - burgers, steak, fish & chips maybe that's where we missed out...

When we asked for the bill it took 3 staff to figure out how to print it - obviously no one ever asked to check their bill. Simple management in the floor to supervise could have prevented a lot of our issues.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Riverton, New Zealand
“wonderful setting”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

Lovely food, quick and economical and a lovely order of seating
Yummy! well worth a visit when your in a hurry and need a quiet setting

Visited February 2013
Invercargill
“Family Restaraunt”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2012

Visited after kids rugby games - staff were excellent with the kids.

Visited July 2011