“Good food, well priced... and 15% off if staying at the hostel”

Tuatara Backpackers
Ranked #57 of 119 Restaurants in Invercargill
Cuisines: European
Reviewed May 1, 2018

Enjoyed a couple of tasty meals here, and appreciated the 15% discount for hostel guests (make sure you show them your room key), which also includes alcoholic beverages. Nice selection of beer and wine, and the coffee was pretty good too.

Date of visit: April 2018
Tuatara I, Manager at Tuatara Backpackers, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2018

Reviewed March 14, 2018

Breakfast - mince on bruschetta and added a poached egg. Partner creamy mushrooms on bruschetta.
Fresh juices - had the Big Red. recommend it. Good coffee and have returned since. Service is quick and always friendly.

Date of visit: February 2018

We try our best to provide the best service possible.. thank you for your review!

Reviewed March 13, 2018

I just drove through Invers today, looking for a coffe, and walked past the Tuatara. It's interior is super nice and the staff very friendly. BUT I ordered a cappucchino, which was advertised on the bord as 4,50$ and asked for soymilk. That cost me 6$!!! When I asked why, the lady told me it's 5 for the cappo and 1$ extra (!!!!!!!!!) for soymilk. I mean, I already find it a bit much to pay 50 cents extra in other places. But a dollar is simply a joke and a slap in the face for vegetarians. Just (literally) milking it as much as they can. The savoury muffin was good though.

Date of visit: March 2018
1  Thank KiwiLangstrumpf
Tuatara I, Manager at Tuatara Backpackers, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2018

Hi there, we have discussed changing prices down to 50 cents like most other shops, thank you for bringing it to our attention, we are currently working on lowering the price.

Reviewed February 13, 2018 via mobile

Nice place to stay for a night.
The room is nice and there‘s some chill hangout areas and good Wifi. Staff was very friendly and helpfull especially Georgie, she‘s awesome.

Reviewed February 11, 2018 via mobile

Awesome place, very clean , food is available at the entry . The staff is realy helpfull and its located in the center , close to everything.