Ibis Styles Invercargill
Comfort Inn Tayesta(Invercargill)
$96
$89
295 on Tay Motel(Invercargill)(Great Value!)
$81
Bavarian Motel(Invercargill)(Great Value!)
$67
Invercargill TOP 10 Holiday Park(Invercargill)(Great Value!)
$68
$54
Travelocity
Homestead Villa Motel(Invercargill)(Great Value!)
$84
Agoda.com
Queens Park Motels(Invercargill)(Great Value!)
$65
Garden Grove Motel(Invercargill)
Travelocity
45 on Avenal(Invercargill)(Great Value!)
$61
  • Room Service
Colonial on Tay(Invercargill)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsgames roombudget hotelfourth floorcentral accommodationincluded breakfastcommunal kitchensmall kitchenettestudio roomfree wifiironing boardtay stgreat value for moneycar parkingclose to shopswould stay againnice staycomfortable bed
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 8, 2014

I didnt have high expectations going into this place. I was looking for basic and cheap accomodation for a 2 night sporting trip with my son when i booked IAH. I was very pleasantly surprised. Yes, the room was small, but is was entirely adequate and far exceeded my expectations for the price.

The decor and added enefit of the downstairs activities room and lounge area was great. The staff were friendly and helpful and the location was brilliant. We ate at a srts bar just around the corner, that was connected to another hotel (which would have been out of our price range for this trip) and we were blown away by the service there too.

I would most definately stay at IAH again.

Room Tip: Just ask them about room options. Theres a few to choose from
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Gallot
IAHManager, Owner at Ibis Styles Invercargill, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2014

Dear Gallot,

Thank you for your review, by the sounds of your review you will be coming back to our property in the near future - I look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed June 3, 2014 via mobile

The staff are very nice & friendly (10/10) and give you lots of info about the area.
We stayed for 2 nights in a double room and it was a fine room. Spacious and nicely decorated. The bed was very comfy.
The communal kitchen is a good size & has everything you'd need.
Wifi is free.
We'd stay again.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank katie-a-r-7

Dear Katie-a-r-7

Thank you for your review, I am glad you enjoyed our spacious rooms with Free WIFI.

Take care and we hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed May 31, 2014

No available parking or parking validation, tiny, tiny rooms, leaky faucets, hot humid, rooms, a strange lingering smell in the hall, are just a few of the things to look forward to should you have the misfortune to stay here.

The cleaning team, didn't leave toilet paper after cleaning. Ringing the front desk, should be easy, it wasn't. The number listed was not the number for the reception. The kindness of another staying guest allowed the connection to be made. For the price, the quality is not there.

A lot of little adjustment can bring about desirable changes. Let's pray that the mighty will stand once again.

Room Tip: When you get in your room, open the windows and make sure the heater is off. Unless you like to stew, leave everything as is.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Keilisi F

Dear Keilisi,

Thank you for your review. Just a quick comment, are you sure you have reviewed the right property? Our property has underground secure parking with multiple entry and exit, further it is mentioned all over our website and other 3rd party websites.

Also, all our rooms have well ventilated with opening windows, fans and natural light which we are lucky to have a lot of. I have advised Trip Advisor that this review may have been posted to the wrong location - perhaps it would be good to check.

Thank you for the feedback regardless, I hope you have a safe journey back to Timaru.

Cheers

Reviewed May 23, 2014

We weren't sure what to expect from this place, but we are glad we found it. It's sort of a cross between a classy backpackers and a motel. We had a small kitchenette in our studio room but there was also a large lounge next door - which was mostly empty while we were there. It was very comfortable and had all you would need. The hotel is modern and quiet with a great colour scheme going on, although it could do with a bit more personality. There was entertainment in the basement - I think a movie room and a pool room - I can't remember, which looked interesting, but we only noticed on the way out, so we didn't have a look.
I would recommend this place for anyone really, business or pleasure. Price was reasonable, and from memory there was free wifi - I can't remember whether it was 100MB or 200 but we were happy.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MrsFeeler

Dear Mrs Feeler,

Thank you for your positive review, I am really glad you enjoyed your stay with us and I hope to be able to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed May 10, 2014

We stayed one night and I would have been happy to stay more if time allowed. Yes it is basic but it is a small apartment of 3 rooms. The owners seem to be renovating it. It was clean ,quiet and safe. You can have secure underground parking for a few dollars more. I would recommend it if didn't expect luxury but at the price it's great value.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Robert L
IAHManager, Front Office Manager at Ibis Styles Invercargill, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2014

Hi Robert, Thank you for your response, your time is valuable so we appreciate you taking the time to share your review with us all. IAH is good value for money and what a lot of people don't realize is that we have a large number of different room and apartment types. Some units have cooking facilities, but all have the basics with a microwave, jug, toaster, bench, fridge and sink.
And yes we are renovating and will continue to do so to ensure that our guests have a great stay! Thank you and enjoy the rest of your travel, Regards Tess