“Quiet and comfortable.”

Ibis Styles Invercargill
Reviewed October 19, 2013

After two nights there I would definately return again. The free high speed WIFI was a bonus along with a comfortable bed. The staff were helpful and friendly which was another plus. I wouldn't recommend the boxed continental breakfast as value for money.
Being in a central location there are several restaruants in close walking distance. Zookeepers was a good option for us and also not being Liscensing Trust.
We would return again.

Room Tip: Not having a street view would remove any traffic noise if there was any.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
IAHManager, Owner at Ibis Styles Invercargill, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2013

Dear Bob T

Thanks for your review. I am so glad you enjoyed the property and appreciate your comments towards our property. We are the best value property in Invercargill for a reason, Free WIFI, Great Rooms, Central Location and best of all Great Staff.

Thank you and we look forward to seeing you soon.

There are newer reviews for Ibis Styles Invercargill

Reviewed October 9, 2013

After staying in two modern, clean hotels in New Zealand; I was really looking forward to this hotel as the pictures looked amazing. I was greeted warmly at reception. The ladies have a great sense of humour and are very helpful. They gave me a map to find the car park which is situated at the back of the complex. As we drove around it was hard to find as the signage is very small. The car parking is narrow and we had a lot of trouble getting the car in and out. Our car was a Toyota Aurion and it wasn't a very big car, however, the spaces are far too narrow and you pay $5 each night for parking. As you walk through to the next car park it is much bigger and empty at the time but a few cars. Again, signage was an issue as there were countless doors and we had no idea where we were going to get to our room. You needed your key to get into most doors which is a good security factor. We walked through the games room which was dark and unused and the movie room was locked up. Our room was as pictured to a degree. The building is old and needs updating. It was clean, however, the sofa had a throw rug over it to disguise the tape holding the ripped leather sofa together and it was highly uncomfortable. We paid for a superior suite so we could have a balcony but the balcony is on the bottom floor and all other apartments are looking down onto it. Therefore, we had the curtains drawn the whole time for privacy. Some of the windows were cracked both for our room and the rooms that were above around us. The bed was very soft. The cupboard had a plank of wood holding the rack up. The bathroom was horrible. The hand towel rail was missing so we had nowhere to hang our hand towel. A single towel rail for one towel. No where to put your things as you do your hair and makeup or even for your clothes. There was a hook on the back of the door but that isn't enough. The shower was positioned quite low and not adjustable. I am a tall woman and had extreme trouble washing my hair. I hate reading negative reviews as I often think that people comment unnecessarily, however, I feel that I should let people know it is not as pictured as the pictures are of when the complex was new. I think the managers should go through and check apartments and note things that need updating or fixing especially signage and the car parking situation. The receptionists were great and should be commended. The location is good because it is surrounded by the shops.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
IAHManager, Owner at Ibis Styles Invercargill, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2013

Dear MissEmilia,

Thank you for your review. I appreciate the time you have taken to write a comprehensive review of the property and we as a property enjoy reading such reviews from time to time as it gives us a chance to improve as a property.

Firstly, I appreciate your appreciation of our front office and housekeeping team. We certainly work hard to ensure the highest standard of hospitality and warmth are given to our guests and it is pleasing to see that your experience was no less.

Thank you for your comments about the car parking signage, we will work on this and ensure it is clearer for our guests. We have a very secure building and we find this an added advantage so our guests can take peace in knowing that they are very secure within our complex. This is very different to our competitors around the city that have open complexes. In this sense, we find that charging a nominal fee such as $5 for secure undercover parking within our building is more than fair.

Your comments about the small maintenance items have been noted and passed on to our in-house team. We will certainly be taking your comments on board and will do our best to ensure they are rectified. Our property is seeing a significant upgrade currently in terms of the rooms - flat screen tvs, high speed complimentary WIFI, new throws, valances, paintings etc - however, your comments are appreciated as basic aspects need to be looked at as well.

Thank you for your review, we hope to see you back in the near future.

Take care,

Reviewed October 1, 2013

We (2A 4C) stayed here for 3 nights on our 2 week NZ trip and this was by far the cheapest of our accommodation but was far better than most other higher priced places we stayed. We accidentally checked in a day early and was sorted without hassle. Secure car parking, clean rooms, close to restaurants, beds comfortable, heating quiet and predictable. Amenities even included the use of a private cinema room which the kids loved and made our stay special. While all the staff were good, Tess was outstanding ! recommending using the cinema and taking in popcorn and drinks as well as giving us plenty of tips for our next destination. If you are looking for 5 star this is not the place for you but if you are looking for a clean practical hotel in a good location it is ideal.
Our only suggestion is that in their movie choices, being in Invercargill they should have The Worlds Fastest Indian !

Room Tip: 3 bar apartment great for families.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
IAHManager, Owner at Ibis Styles Invercargill, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2013

Dear 6TP2013

Thank you for your review. Very funny about our movie choices, I will be walking down to the DVD store down the road and purchase the World's Fastest Indian based on your advice. I do agree with you - this is a must for our collection!

As you have mentioned, we offer great value at our property - clean, great rooms in the downtown CBD at an affordable price in relation to our competition.

We hope to see you on your next visit down South,

Reviewed September 30, 2013

I travel for work frequently. I will always stay here when going to Invercargill and have done for years (previously Living Space Invercargill). Great service with a warm friendly welcome after a long day travelling. Self service, central location whilst quiet, good heating, comfy bed within a nice clean rooms.
The rooms are rather compact but it provides all I need for a good comfortable short stay.
Whilst my company would rather me stay in the cheapest accommodation I find, I generally shy away from this but here I stay without hesitating as I believe it is wonderful accommodation for a very reasonable price.

Dear Littlest_Hobo_Chch

Thank you for your review.

I am glad you are comfortable staying with us on a regular basis. I am glad you have let others on TA know that we can provide great value, comfortable accommodation with free wifi, gym and games room at an affordable price.

We are a new property in Invercargill and greatly appreciate travellers such as your self helping us on our way.

Take care and we hope to see you soon down South.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

In INVERCARGILL for two nights for business this accommodation is perfectly adequate. Very centrally located, close to shops such as H&J department store. Overnight parking directly outside on the street, unmetered. But need to shift the car to somewhere else during the day.

Clean and very tidy, good heating and microwave oven. Bed not terribly comfortable and the bathroom is very small but everything is here - ironing board, hairdrier, free wifi. Good security with key cards for everything, a lift for access and seating in little waiting room alcoves dotted here and there

Couldn't get the Sky to work but that is probably driver error!

The place reminds me a international university student's studio apartment, but a very new one. There's nothing shabby about this.

Dear Littlest_Hobo_Chch

Thank you for your review.

I am so glad that you have taken the time to review our property. We are one of the few properties that actually offer value for money in Invercargill while at the same time providing quality lodging for corporates.

Please be sure to introduce yourself personally to me on your next visit to us - I will be sure to look after you personally on your next visit to Invercargill.

Take care,

Reviewed September 7, 2013

This complex offers terrific value for money right in the centre of town. Restaurants are just round the corner in Dee Street.I stayed in a superior studio. The room was very clean. Comfortable bed and fully functional kitchenette. There are also huge dining rooms with full kitchens on every floor and a games room down stairs. A bit like a hostel but nice. The bathroom was fine. Small and no vanity so had to do some tricky manoeuvres with my makeup bag but a fabulous shower. And the best bit is the super friendly staff -but it is Invercargill so everyone is friendly.

Room Tip: Go for the superior it's good value.

Dear KayE

Thank you for your review. Our property is located right down town Invercargill and perfect for those who want to feel safe and explore the city centre at the same time.

We hope to welcome you back in the near future,

Reviewed September 3, 2013

We needed a two bedroom apartment for the night and got exactly that. It was clean, well presented, had everything we needed and was very well priced considering those things.
We were a bit worried about noise due to being in the inner city but that wasn't a problem either. There were a lot of extra's that come with the Hotel that we didn't get to use, ping pong table, pool table and even a cinema down stairs! It was a nice place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Angewhip

Thank you for your review. Great to see that you enjoyed our cinema hall and games room - these are extras that we offer that no one in Invercargill if not New Zealand offers to their guests at no charge.

Our 2 bedroom Apartments are some of the most affordable in town - I am glad you enjoyed your stay.