“Okay place to stay for one night” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Quest Invercargill

Quest Invercargill
Ranked #6 of 15 Invercargill B&B and Inns
Pukekohe, New Zealand
“Okay place to stay for one night”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2013

Always feels a bit strange when you walk into a place and a person emerges from the room behind reception with no other bodies in sight..... I have to say that our short stay in Invercargill ran along pretty similar lines. hotel was okay but basic and that was all we needed. Thank god for the free ride to the wonderful Cabbage Tree - see previous review.

• Stayed September 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Brussels
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013

Quest Invercargill was an unexpected surprise given its excellent quality at an amazing price. We booked at the last minute while on a road-trip and picked up an amazing rate for one night, staying in a club room 107 in this restored post office.

I've known the Quest brand from Australia, and this site certainly lives up to expectations: friendly staff and a high quality room, all in an amazing location. Sure Invercargill isn't that big, but we found nothing of this quality even close to the town centre. Parking was included, and the staff were really friendly and helpful.

I strongly recommend you take a look if you're in the area and looking for a place for a night or two.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Inverell
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2013

We visited Invercargill and based on reviews decided to stay at the Quest. At the start of the shopping strip and with lots of bars in walking distance it is in a good location. Such a pity the rooms do not live up to all the hype. We chose a one bed apt and noticed straight away how old the furniture was in the room. BUT, the worst part was the bathroom. When signing in at the front desk it was very obvious to the reception desk I was disabled. I have spinal injuries and find it hard to walk more than 100m. When were given our keys no mention was made to me that the bathroom would not be suitable nor was I asked about preference. When we arrived in the room all I wanted was a shower but noticed on entering the shower was over the bath and there was not one handle in sight, Thankfully my hubby who is my carer was able to assist but even then with the shower curtain not being long enough there was water all over the floor and he slipped and so did I. This was not a good start to our stay, but due to being tired after travelling for three hours we picked ourselves up and decided it would be best to catch up on some sleep. This was slightly difficult due to noise out in the street, we requested a room at the back but none were available which again was disappointing. I noticed that one reviewer said to request a studio room due to the fact they are more modern, I should have taken that advice. I am really keen to find out what the building was used for previous to being a hotel, if anyone knows I would love to hear about it.

Room Tip: Studio room is much better furnished than the one bed apartments.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

This hotel was great!! They didn't actually have our booking registered when we arrived so after ten minutes of trying to fix it, they ended up upgrading us to a 1 bedroom apartment (instead of the studio we had), and also gave us a free bottle of really yummy wine!

The rooms were very nice and modern, complete with laundry facilities which was really helpful. The property was also in a great location, right on the main strip and heaps of shops and restaurants were easily accessible. Would definitely stay again!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

I spent two weeks here recently supporting a sick son who was in hospital, and the management couldn't have been more helpful and accommodating. Quest is across the road from the bus stop, walking distance to the shops, and there are several good eating places, like Speights Ale House, up the road. I stayed initially in a one bedroom apartment, but then moved to a studio room which I thought was the nicer of the two.
My only negative observation is the the place needs a little brightening up furnishing-wise. The dark sombre sofas and black and white photos are a little off-putting. A touch of bright red or yellow or orange would bring a little cheer into the rooms, but this is just me being niggly.

Room Tip: See my comment above. Studio rooms are nicer IMO.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Nelson
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

We stayed for 2 nights at the Quest and found the room to be comfortable, clean and tidy. The 3 receptionists we dealt with were very friendly and helpful. I did find the clock chiming every 15 mins a little annoying, and also I had to ask for fresh towels as our room still wasn't serviced by 4pm the next day but otherwise was a good stay and good for what we needed. Good for the price.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Tauranga, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013

This was a first time stay for me at this hotel. I wanted to try somewhere different in Invercargill and I was not disappointed. my flight was delayed so by the time I reached the hotel it was about 9.30pm and the external door was locked (the reception closes at 8pm). However, the intercom provided a prompt response and release of the door. The staff had left an envelope with my name welcoming me with introductory information.
The room I had (205) was spacious enough. A kitchenette at the room entrance for those who want these self help facilities. A leather couch for relaxing. I can't say I spent much time in my room but it was quite adequate.
What I enjoyed most was the location of the Quest. Immediately across the road was Thai Dee, a local Thai restaurant. And within 100 metres was a Speights Ale House bar and restaurant and Tuatara Café. Tuatara Café is a great option for breakfast.
The Quest has some character so you may well come across the odd squeaky floor board on the second floor. There are old sepia tone photographs on some walls depicting earlier days of Invercargill and Southland. And in the hall ways there are examples of local art.
The hotel has a parking lot adjacent. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business