“This one was a great surprise”
Review of Quest Invercargill

Quest Invercargill
Reviewed November 6, 2011

Room was large and spacious, great kitchen facilties and bathroom. Free internet was a bonus as was the cheap hot breakfast.
Reception very helpful.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Quest Invercargill

Reviewed November 2, 2011

We were recommended this hotel by our travel agent and seeing it was a Quest hotel we were expecting it to be better than it was. Our main gripes were that the floor was so squeeky that we avoided walking around in the room, the walls were so thin that we could hear every word the guests next door were saying and the room was so poorly sound proofed that we were kept awake for most of the night by hotted up cars doing laps down the mainstreet. it was the worst night sleep we had in our 3 week holiday around the South Island.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 31, 2011

Im sorry to say the microwave was dirty and the toilet! The floor creeked every time someone walked past my room. I hardly slept and I filled out a survey when I left re the dirtiness and creeky floor. I have never heard back and I would never stay again, sorry

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed July 9, 2011

I was very relieved that we had picked so well for a one night stay - it can be difficult chosing from internet reviews, however the Quest Invercargill supplied my work mate and I two great rooms.

My room was on the front of the building, and I did not notice any road noise as suggested in previous reviews. The furnishings looked brand new and luxurious, the bathroom had plenty of clean towels, with complimentary soaps and lotions. Everything was super clean.

Given our previous accomodation had been substandard (different city, different supplier) I was incredibly happy that I was going to have such a different experience, and it is once that I would gladly repeat. Lovely staff.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed April 2, 2011

Beds were half made each day, not properly taken apart and remade. some days the rooms were not attended to late.
We used the lift and the lift broke we were charged $500 to fix it. I contested the bill. I did not give authority for them to take money from my credit card to pay the bill. months later they took the money with no authority from me, they got the number from when i paid the hotel bill. i then had to cancel the card and have my credit card company contest the payment.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front are very noisy
  • Stayed: September 2010
Reviewed March 7, 2011

It was nice and handy to everything, 24 hr dairy over the road. Great if you arrive late and everything is closed. (which we did) Staff very friendly and helpful.

Only complaints were, my ground coffee bag was opened and half empty. Housekeeping oversight when restocking. The eggs Benedict with salmon I ordered for breakfast very disappointing as they delivered Bacon instead of salmon.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 27, 2011

Needed a place to crash while I was in Invercargill overnight before flying out in the morning. Wanted cheap and central, Quest fit the bill. Hadn't seen the rooms or anything when I called them but they had occupancy, were reasonable, and central.

Arrived and was greeted by the lovely Receptionist who checked me in promptly and cheerfully. My room was on the first floor so I didn't bother with the lift. The room was surprising, high ceilings, lots of windows and a very modern fit out. I had an executive studio room and it had a comfortable King Size bed, a great kitchenette and a good bathroom.

Enjoyed it so much it will be my regular spot in Invercargill from now on.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple