“Thank you for making our function successful”

The Saucy Chef on St Andrew
Ranked #2 of 101 Restaurants in Invercargill
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

We had 40 people for a birthday lunch the staff were wonderful and the kitchen did a fantastic job at sending out all our meals together with great presentation and very tasty thank you

1  Thank angimlach
There are newer reviews for The Saucy Chef on St Andrew

Reviewed July 13, 2013

The meal was really nice but portions were small. When waiter came and asked if our meal was alright, I explained to him that the portion of potatoes was very small. He immediately went and got some more. The service between him and front receptionist was excellent and was to be complimented but the portions really need to be increased if they were to see us back. It was quite dark and I could not see if I was eating fat or meat on the plate. The lighting needs to be increased slightly.

1  Thank scottie186
Reviewed June 24, 2013

We have been twice to the Saucy Chef the first time the food was very good, the second time some how not so good. i usually have steak, the first time it was cooked beautifully the second time my Tbone was sinewy and dry even though I had requested medium rare, A meal at this restaurant is quite expensive so we really expected consistancy. However this was not the case.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

My son and I recently enjoyed a delicious Sunday Lunch at the Saucy Chef.
Our waitress was very helpful and welcoming and the service - excellent.
It was a freezing day outside ... but the restaurant was wonderfully warm and inviting.
Our meals were nicely presented and the fish we ordered was delicious.
I chose to have dessert and was a little disappointed in the dessert selection. Whilst the brulee was a good choice, overall the dessert options were not terrific (as compared to the many and varied options on the mains etc. menu).
Overall however, lunch was most enjoyable ... we will be back !!

Reviewed June 18, 2013

This restaurant has apparently only recently opened and was recommended to me by the motel where I was staying. There is a small separate bar area at the entrance and a dinning area that is big enough to not be cramped, but still had a cosy feel to it. The decor is lush (...think dark reds & browns, leather chairs, funky paintings, fire place, etc...). It was a cold Monday night and the kitchen was still operating when we turned up at 8:30pm. The food was great. The lamb shank in particular was GREAT! Wine selection was also good. Pricing was very reasonable and was about the same price (...if not cheaper) than the better known pub restaurants in town ..... and the food & service was 200% at the Saucy Chef! A great little find and I'll be back again if I find myself back in Invercargill in the future.

1  Thank SW_Sydney