“A little disappointed”

Buster Crabb
Ranked #6 of 99 Restaurants in Invercargill
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: We have a lovely warm and inviting restaurant. We use all locally sourced product with very generous servings with an emphasis on the meat portion of the meal. Our steaks are 250gms up to the "Donald Trump Choker", which is 500gm and cooked slowly over 20 hours. We use fresh Blue Cod and locally caught wild Venison. Buster Crabb is the best choice
“A little disappointed”
Reviewed May 25, 2014 via mobile

The greeting by staff when we arrived was almost non existent. The seats near the fire were good, but we nearly left immediately when we saw no oysters on the menu. I investigated in shock, and the staff realised they had forgotten to give us the separate oyster menu... Lucky save! The mains were average, I had the chicken breast, which was a bit plain tasting with only a bit jus poured on top for flavour. My partner had the mussels, which she didn't finish as it seemed like a tin of tomato sauce and coconut cream had been slopped together, which didn't make for a delicious tasting 'fine dinning' meal. The biggest let down was the staff. We had to ask for the specials, the table wasn't set before we sat down, no one checked if our meal was ok, the waitresses appeared tired and un enthusiastic. The best part of this place was the decor. For the price and reputation of a fine dining restaurant, it's currently a long way off the mark...

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Jethro G

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Nelson, New Zealand
“Wow couldn't fault ”
Reviewed May 25, 2014 via mobile

A must!!!
Can't give buster crabb high enough rating.
Service was great, friendly and professional. Drinks came quickly and made well.
Ordered the steak with peppercorn sauce, wow perfect!!! Cooked to my liking. The staff even made sure my friends didn't see me pay for the meals.
Went back again for breakfast I enjoyed it so much.

Nelson Bay, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“WOW”
Reviewed May 14, 2014

We arrived in Invercargill at 6.15pm and by 7.30pm we had been booked in for dinner and collected by the restaurant courtesy bus and taken to the restaurant. The service and the quality of the food was sensational and we could not recommend this highly enough.

The menu was very interesting as it was set out as a newspaper and included the history of the restaurant and how it was named.

Gluten free options were plentiful and yummy.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Lorraine B
Invercargill, New Zealand
“Never Again”
Reviewed May 12, 2014

I recently had lunch here and ordered the seafood Salad and it was disgusting food. The menu stated it had smoked salmon, prawns and squid rings. I have not seen the salmon yet but it did contain three tiny prawns with rubbery dry squid rings.
The meal was basically tough old lettuce leafswithout even any dressing.My friend who also ordered the Seafood Salad was equally disgusted with his meal.
I have dined many times at Buster Crabb over the years and have noticed recently that the standard of food isseriously dropping.I have decided never to dine here ever again.

• Visited May 2014
5 Thank Omerbane
Watford
“Good Food”
Reviewed May 8, 2014

Good food and service. The Buster Crabb was recommended by our hosts at The Manor Farmstay, thank you very much as without their recommendation we may not have found it.

Visited March 2014